..

Wednesday 3 January 2018

The view from...


my window before the sun was up
this morning.
‘Red sky at night
shepherds’ delight 
Red sky in the morning
shepherds’ warning!’

This little ditty I learnt not a million miles away from here across the channel in Le Touquet.
I was six on my first holiday abroad walking along the prom, never having heard it before I was enchanted with the lovely evening sky and the fact I had new information on the way of the world!
 Now, too many years to admit to later, I was reminded of it as I drew back the curtains.
Would it prove to be correct I idly wondered?


Writing this just at midnight with a gale blowing outside and after 
the most awful day of rain.  I now know those shepherds were on to something!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...