..

Friday 20 July 2018

On the back of...

yesterday’s post, I got to thinking of my time in the Highlands... here...

ten miles north of Lochinver, on the west coast, top left hand corner, almost!
Looks and is remote, however don’t think you are getting away from it all!  Every local between here and Lochinver, the nearest village knows you are there.  People watching... BIG TIME!
The most wonderful chapter of my life, scratching around trying to make a living from the land.
The Highlanders are the most generous of folk, they watch your every move.  For all I know I was in their eyes, Mrs McCrack?
Happy, happy times.

4 comments:

  1. Goodness me...how did you make a living from that land? It looks beautiful for a holiday, but not sure I would want to live there full time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, it was superb in so many ways, hard graft, mind! I am still in touch with my nearest neighbours, in fact I make them a food parcel, which I send every few months. It’s what I do, don’t ask me why? Maybe to acknowledge all these years later their love and support?

      LX

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cottage, fabulous location! Yes please, to living there, just not under those watchful eyes. I'm pretty sure that the folk around '10 miles north of Lochinver' found that life became rather less fun when you left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where to start on the happy times? Too many to mention. We were planning a trip back after our visit the year before last, all arrangements were made, then it became apparent A. was poorly and we felt we couldn’t go, so our lives are in limbo. I did say on my last phone call... please don’t die before I get there, I seem to have a way with words (?) however I was assured they wouldn’t!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...