..

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Look, I know I said...

I am having a break, however...

Picture the scene, two old duffers  are sat up in bed reading the morning’s newspaper on their flat things, when this photo appears in the paper.

Seeing this transports me back.
Years ago wandering with then husband and son along this very stretch of beach, I decided to remove my skirt to sunbathe as I walked.  You did that sort of thing in those days as you looked intently for fossils.  I draped my
 denim skirt over my bag and 
wandered lonely as a cloud along a deserted beach.  Nearing Charmouth I thought best I make myself decent as we are approaching civilisation.
Glancing down, yes you’ve guessed it, the skirt was gone!  Turning back we retraced our steps passing just one man who walked by with just a nod and a smile?
The skirt we never found.
Not one of my finest hours: climbing on the bus back to Lyme Regis, minus apparel to cover my 
lower half!
Recounting this tale to hubs far more interested in reading about the sad state of the world. 
His reply...
‘It will no doubt be found in 8 million years time!’

No answer to that is there?


13 comments:

  1. Ha! No doubt cheered up the bus driver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't fool the bus driver, and you don't fool us. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Joanne, it’s funny how just one photograph can bring back a memory lost in the mists of time.

      LX

      Delete
  3. A good memory to share, thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, you have to wonder where it went? Perhaps a seagull stole it to line his nest? I like the idea of it being found in 8 million years and all the numbnuts debating about where it came from and what was it used for! I was so happy to see a post here today, I only looked out of habit! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided to only post when funny things happen, either memories that pop up from god knows where or actual daily shenanigans. And there’s always plenty of that around here?

      LX

      Delete
  5. Good to have you back if only briefly.....you gave me a good laugh ! I take it that the " then husband" didn't offer his trousers to cover your modesty ? x
    We once walked to Charmouth from Lyme, but I think we were mainly on the cliffs...they have probably fallen into the sea by now! It would have been the year that the first Harry Potter book came out as we bought it in Lyme for our youngest who was about 12 ish. It started him reading !!( he is 32 now!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a glorious walk every step you expect to find treasure. No DVT, but the leg continues to ache. Oh the joys...

      LX

      Delete
  6. At least this wasn't one of the occasions when you had forgotten your knicky-knacky-noos..

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...