..

Friday 13 September 2019

Have you ever...

thought you must come across as one of those clever sods that folk think she’s been there, read the book, got the tee shirt, seen the blooming film even? Well I had that levelled at me yesterday and I honestly didn’t know what to say!  It’s preyed on my mind, I must admit.  It was from family so they knew, as I do try to play my cards close to my chest, for fear of being perceived as too full of myself. Should I try and turn back the clock and pretend none of it has happened?  All my life I have had a happy go lucky outlook, seizing opportunities, even the grotty ones and trying to turn them to my advantage.  In the main it has worked.  Trouble is I do tend to speak my mind and on this occasion I should have kept it shut. I told the person I was upset and the reasons why.  Maybe I should have stayed shtum 
As Simon used to say...

‘Better to be thought a fool than open one’s mouth and prove it!

I can’t erase my past, it’s a very strange 
feeling to have it used against me as form of trying to make me guilty and for what?
All it did in effect is knock the affection I had for the person and sadly not look at them in the same loving light.

Where did I go wrong?




Ellie still thinks I’m wonderful so that’s okay!  She hasn’t got a clue about what’s gone before, she loves me for me.
Dogs have that happy knack.

7 comments:

  1. Perhaps they should have shown more concern that you were upset..but at least you have been honest. Sleep easy on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to show how upset I am. Appearing strong isn’t always easy, it wears you out over time.

      LX

      Delete
  2. I told my cat recently, "You're not the boss of me!" Unlike dogs, they are do not forgive or forget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats I always feel have a hidden agenda and a superior air.

      LX

      Delete
  3. I know how that feels; I was taunted for being 'a Grammar School girl' by my first (abusive/bullying) husband if I used a word of more than two syllables. It's horrible having to be careful how to speak when in certain people's company.
    Just be YOU and be proud of who you are. Ignore those jealous comments, probably from someone who can't cope with being less knowledgable than you. It's their problem, not yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err, no this person is far superior intellectually than me, flaky though! And neatly turned things round to put me firmly in the naughty corner!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...