..

Friday 6 September 2019

I’ve staggered in...

in a total state of...
COLLOPSE!

Himself is at the dentist, so off we troll to the Green Cafe for our usual flat white.
All good so far, the table we have sat at on the two occasions we have been there was taken.  This didn’t go down very well, so instead of sitting surveying the outside space she holed herself up under my chair and tight into the corner.  I sort of got the feeling it was because we were one short.  A little bribery and corruption didn’t work its usual magic.  When it was time to go we shot out like a human cannonball.  Most were amazed that I had a dog with me.  They watched our departure with cooing and aahing,  whether it was at the sight of my stout legs going round at nineteen to the dozen, similar to a Tom and Jerry cartoon, I dunno?  As we left I suggested she wait and we compose ourselves: it sort of worked!
I started to relax.  It really is amazing the noises, the people that appear is if by magic from the very fabric of the ancient stone walls.  Cars backfire, a postman noisily emptying the post box then stopping to read the post therein as we attempt to pass!  Roaring off in a hurry conscious of the time to make up, by him being nosey!?!

Ellie has a very clear idea by now as to the way she wants to go home, I have other ideas in order to ring the changes, all part of the training?
The walk along a very narrow lane was spooked by the aforesaid postie now delivering mail.
He was clearly out to get us and making a first class job of it too!  Into the mix came a very snooty Patterdale with owner kennel club registered closing in fast at our rear.
By now all training was not only put on the back burner, it was incinerated.
Ludlow college was spewing out students (11.30... lunchtime?) who moved as one wave in total disregard of one panic strucken dog towing an old crone!  Gone are the days when I idly thought I used to cut a 
swathe with folk falling in awe in my wake!?!  Invisible is what I have now become, and rightly so, most might say!
We shot down our little road leaving skid marks of shoe leather in our wake.

Not one of our better trips!

  1. Ellie is worn out with it all and who can blame her, just as well you can’t see me!


4 comments:

  1. As they say, you win some you lose some! Poor both of you. What a day! It can only get better?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Last night we walked around the castle walls and into the luckily quiet pub. Ellie looked for all the world like a big brave dog, we are getting there.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Improvement! No overturned postmen or schoolchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definite improvement, if only for my exercise quota?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...