..

Friday 24 January 2020

The eyes to the...

right have it.  Oh that and the eyes to the left!  Trouble is they are both not singing from the  same song sheet they are of differing persuasions.  One always looks on the bright side... long sighted.  The other looks no further than the end of it’s nose... short sighted.
I have reached this great age without the need for glasses, as working cooperatively they take turns to step up when the need arises.  The time has come for me to admit that glasses might help me read a little easier.  
This morning I went for an eye test.  
‘Ummmmm!’ he said.
‘They do work as a team.  When you are driving, one looks where you’re going and the other will look at the dashboard when required to!’

Who knew that’s how I drive!?!

To cut a very long and convoluted story short... no I didn’t come out with a monocle, which I really, really would have preferred, but a pair of glasses with one lens for my reading eye and a sun lounger lens for my 
off-duty eye.


8 comments:

  1. Are you sure you don't make this stuff up?? I'm beginning to think you're an author in your spare time (the spare time between playing with Ellie and making sourdough stuff!) You sure should be lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ‘Fraid not MG! Welcome to my world warts’n’all! Ask yourself... why would you want to lie? It is I would imagine like being on a dating website and saying you were young, slim and attractive, when in actually fact you were fair (read grey), fat and forty (and that’s only around the waist). All good until the fateful day when you meet and your embroidery is exposed as the mere darning of a sock! Get my drift MG? Tell it like it is LL, and I have, and I ought to say I’ve got the scars to prove it. Added to which the husband has hidden under the table more times than in polite society it is wise to mention when another pearl of wisdom has been uttered. Mind you it is how you tell ‘em! Onwards and upwards.

      LX

      Delete
  2. I thought that problem was caught in school and corrected--in the early grades. Not so, I see. At least not in this case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a good run with my eyes without glasses. Not so my ears, I am becoming increasingly deaf and I don’t like it!

      LX

      Delete
  3. When my pal had her cataracts done she had one eye with a distance lens and the other with a reading lens! I think you have to have the right sort of brain....I had both mine distance ! I think a pic of you in your new specs would be good!! Will Ellie recognise you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best I tell my brain then... ‘You are the right sort, thank you!’ Ellie recognises me in all the many and various ensembles I trick myself up in. Hats, to shades of many shapes, flowing clothes to biker boots. She hasn’t as yet said ‘I’m not going out with you dressed like that!’ It’ll come...

      LX

      Delete
  4. Have you deleted a post? ( over the weekend?) Or maybe my brain is playing tricks.? ( it is getting old!) Hope you had a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I’ve had writers block!?! It depends which way out I am? Sometimes I struggle, most times I see the funny side in the most mundane of capers. Having a warped turn of mind helps... It did make me smile when Marksgran thought I make it all up, if I did I surely wouldn’t be sitting doing this I’d be counting my millions as another Lettice Leaf block buster hit the shelves...

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...