..

Friday 28 February 2020

I can feel a...

strop coming on!
And why you might well ask?
The truth is... 
Look let’s cut to the case, now I am becoming a world renowned, global even(?) blogging person of some note.  I am afraid to say I feel the very strong need to lecture you all on your holiday arrangements.  With the world in the sorry state it is in I fear it falls on me to advise on air travel.  My millions I admit are sadly in air miles not real  spondolicks, you understand? However I am the person that has first class, err sorry I meant first hand knowledge of the problems that are facing the world. From my very elevated position I see things so much more clearly than YOU.
My suggestion nay demand... oops, sorry I forgot I have turned my back on my silver-spoon-in-mouth upbringing.  My ‘gentle suggestion’ is, if you guys give up your yearly holiday then the air space will be clearer, cleaner enabling my frequent private jet flights to get to my next money making venture so much faster.
Alright, alright, I know this may not go down too well and you might even think about the additional flights for my retinue of staff?  The many and various MET close protection officers jetting about all the while sat in business class counting their overtime pay.
That as luck would have it, isn’t my problem as I don’t need to pick up that particular tab.
All I ask is for you to do as I say not do as I do.  Not a lot to ask is it?
Although I spurn my title to you guys...
‘Call me Lettice!’
at home my staff are required to first thing in the morning address me as Your Royal Blogging Highness, thereafter Ma’am to rhyme with jam and to show due respect by a nod of the head.  Ellie as we speak is practising her curtsey.
Sound like a plan?
You know it makes sense!




12 comments:

  1. Just so ...lead by example!!😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, hear! gz, I just hope you remembered to bob a curtesy before you fired off this missive?

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear HBO (Highness of the Blogging Order) I save up my pennies for one week away every year and today I booked this year's much-longed-for getaway. But no airmiles will be used or earned, you'll be pleased to know. In October (can't come soon enough) I shall be driving me and the little dog less than 40 miles to a studio near Padstow where we hope for decent weather so we can enjoy the courtyard garden of said studio plus the miles and miles of beautiful walks in that area. I hope we have your blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go with my blessing loyal subject! Just remember in my exalted position I am showered with gifts, so come October I will await my rock with ‘Studio near Padstow’ through it!

      LX

      Delete
    2. I might just visit nearby Rock and buy you a stick of Rock rock!!!! Oh if only they made such a thing.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Sadly not mine! Just a photo I found on the internet. At our local fete in Goudhurst I had a hissy fit when the beautiful kids tiaras had sold out before I had time to buy one. A neighbour took pity on me and found me one. For weeks after I was to be see in the village sporting my tiara. I loved it. Sadly it succumbed to plastic fatigue. Diamonds and gold would be far more up to the rigours I would expect, nay DEMAND!

      LX

      Delete
  5. Hello again! Lettice,I have found and solved the problem why I could not leave a comment on your blog. I have been using "Google Chrome" than I tried "Internet Explorer" and to my surprise it worked! I needed to solve that problem and I did,,,,halleluiah! Thanks for your e-mail reply.
    Take care, Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you sorted out the problem and are now able to comment... I need all the help I can get! Good to chat yesterday.

      Lx

      Delete
  6. Are you related to BJ by any chance - do as I say not as I do? From where I'm sitting - firmly on my curtsey - you can take your tiara and use it as a frisbee for the dog, a much better use of it and sell the jewels to buy us all cake! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I have in common with BJ is the scruffy hair. Look here MG you really have no idea how to behave in the presence of, well not to put too fine a point on it... A Royal PRESENCE such as I, HRBH, don’t you know!?! And other thing you can’t be on a curtsey... it is obvious we move in such different circles!?!

      On the matter of cake... the story I could tell you...

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...