..

Sunday 26 April 2020

A baby boomer...

brush!?!


Wot?  
The lass has finally lost the plot, now we always had a 
tinsy-winsy idea t’old lass was definitely losing it, this confirms it!
Let me introduce you to this paragon of virtue of a pan brush...
Roll of drums...pleeze!  

Simon my man who I have mentioned here, died in 2000 so that sort of gives me a ballpark figure as we bought it together on a trip to Rye in East Sussex.  I am a retired cheffette, so kitchen shops hold me in a thrall... sad, but there you are!  For many years one of my first ports of call was this lovely shop, sadly gone and is it any wonder after selling items that last this long?

Just this morning I said to the husband this brush is over twenty years old... like you do!?!
A few years ago now, I even bought a slinky leopard print replacement, let’s sexily slink up the washing up I thought... like you do!?!  I am nothing if not a forward hussy... err planner, I mean!

The ghastly things that come to mind now are
a.) is the blooming  brush going to outlive me?
b.) will the leopard change its spots and outlive the original 
and 
b.)  the most serious of all...
have I totally lost the plot writing a whole blog post on a  bloody brush?
Don’t bother with answers on a postcard, because we all know!

7 comments:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're mad as a hatter and by the way, do you know c comes after b?
    You'd better put it in your will, just in case!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only went and made t’old codger laugh... his words ‘Marksgran’s picked you up!’ Blooming cheek, as if!?!

      Well, seeing as you’re hinting, I will... ‘I hereby bequeath the Boomer brush to Marksgran, witnessed no less by Mr. Muscle and his sidekick Cillit Bang.

      LX

      Delete
    2. I will be honoured to accept such a lovely gift in your will! If it should go before you, I'll gracefully accept a replacement! :D x

      Delete
  2. I laughed hard and nearly spit my coffee when I saw "the ghastly things that come to mind now...." Ha! Ha! You have a way with words. I really enjoyed your brush post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if I’ve made one person laugh in these troubled times I’m happy Jennifer... thanks for letting me know.

      LX

      Delete
  3. It has such a classy stand and all. You should hide it away and not think about its age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hide it away Joanne... centre stage more like!?! If a brush has a similar life expectancy to a dog, which I doubt, more likely much less, then this brush is 140 + years old. Hide it away... the very idea!

    LX

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...