..

Monday 1 June 2020

Yesterday I had...

a moment!  Like you do, or more like I do?  Usually my moments are  at the least odd or a tad amusing.
For example the day before’s madcap antics.
In my infinite wisdom (a moot point?)  I decided that we needed a marquee, oh alright a sort-of tent.  Rushing in where fools and all others fear to tread I sent off for just the right thing to give us protection from the sun.  The husband takes little persuading, his MO is to play dead when the pearls of wisdom spill out of my rosebud.
‘Yes, darling.’ he weakly replies with a yawn hovering.
The tent/awning/gazebo/yurt/wigwam/
shade sail/canopy/marquee/
howsyourfather duly arrived.
After lunch we set to, the reviews did say it was tricky.  On one of the hottest days this year, we laughed (well I did), we puffed, we panted, we pulled, we pushed, we bent, we stretched and generally had a bloody good work out.  All good?  Well you might think so?  When like an upturned tortoise we turned it over, three things sprang into our minds
It didn’t really fit the space
It was inside out and neither of us really liked it.  Apart from that it was just fine!?!
The blame I lay squarely at this blooming lockdown.  I am bored and have nothing better to do than WANT!
Himself suggested we take it straight down.  I wasn’t convinced  as I’d had enough of being a Brownie for one day.  I only lasted one meeting when I was a kid, nothing’s changed in the intervening years.  However I did  bow to Brown Owl’s (alright he’s a bloke... but you get my drift?) advice and down it came.

For entertainment  value it was worth it.  For what we, or should I say I got it for, it was a definite no-no.  Back to the drawing board.
Yesterday as we had had an action-packed day on Saturday we decided that a leisurely day was called for.  All good, I just pottered tying up the clematis on the obelisk and generally wandered around looking the part of a lady gardener... Vita Sackville West eat your heart out type of thing!
Until, roll of drums here please, it certainly warrants it!
Languidly sitting in my garden chair I glanced at a sweet foxglove poking up between the steps to the garden room.  Like a thief in the night slowly my head felt strange, I ignored it, do not move LL it isn’t what you think it is.
Oh yes it is!
The dreaded BPPV.
It came out of the blue and bit me on the bum... well the head actually.  
What have I done to deserve this? Yesterday I could have understood, today... No!  I thought as I slowly, like a drunk, crept up to my bed.
Today I am fine... now about this 
teepee?


9 comments:

  1. Glad that you are feeling better. Rest up and stay cool. Perhaps your resident waiter could feed you with chilled and peeled grapes, and Ellie could cool you down by wagging her tail. I love that you have your madcap ideas, but steady as we go, cooler weather is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. replies... see below Elaine... It’s me head...

      LX

      Delete
  2. I often say not to stop to Ellie as she wags her tail. Exactly so the gentle breeze equals himself fanning me with a tree fern frond.

    Today has been just as it should be for a girl of advanced years... decorum personified. Bread was started, a little light ironing, nothing like dashing a away with the smoothing iron type of common! The most exercise I’ve had is lifting up the last in the trilogy of Hilary’s maybe third Booker prize win? A genteel sort of a day until we decided to go to Clee after the worst of the heat of the day had passed. Then sat on the bottom but one step, to put my boots on I had a horrible feeling of deja vu.
    Oops, here we go again. Well himself wasn’t having any of me saying it’ll be fine as I crept around hanging on to the door jab. He only went off and left me like ruddy Cinders.

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lettice, how about checking your blood sugar, it might be to low, often caused by not eating regularly. Also Blood pressure to high or to low can make you feel that way.
    Take care and take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have high blood pressure, well controlled. Not eating regularly, now that is never a problem!?! Sugar levels okay, a few months ago checked. We eat a very healthy diet. Researching I found a possible link between vitamin D deficiency and high weather temperature... So I am at a loss? All I do know it is blooming irritating. The walking up hill and down dale keeps me fit which in turn helps my BP. The man insisting I stay home if I suspect one is hovering sort of defeats the whole point of keeping fit. Trouble is by my my own admission I am a three hundred mile an hour lass, that or horizontal!

      LX

      Delete
  4. Oh, L, I've had vertigo one time in my life. Fortunately someone eased me to the ground.
    Now, bout that tent. Look for another model. It s Covid getting to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nice is it Joanne, lucky you for having only one attack.

      i have now ordered a parasol to go over the table. The tilting one we already have we can move with the sun. A lot more sensible... amazing... but there you are... me, sensible... wonders never cease!

      LX

      Delete
  5. Your dizzy spells sound horrendous, I hope this is just a 'phase' and it will clear up again soon. My daughter also rushed out to buy a gazebo to give her daughter some shade to play in. She got home, tried to erect it and all the joiny bits kept breaking so back it is going! She wouldn't mind but she got it at Argos which is in Sainsbury on click and collect and was told by a jobsworth manager as her purchase wasn't an essential purchase she would indeed have to wait in the 3 mile queue to get into Sainsbury, even if she was just collecting an item! She wrote a complaint email to both Sainsbury and Argos!! Now that the weather is changing she'll probably leave it now. I told her a sheet over the washing line is as good as anything!! Hope you're feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ours went back to Argos in Sainsburys with just a 20 minute wait in the queue to get in. It was exchanged without a qualm. In normal circumstances the Argos store within Sainsburys is superb, it is a pity your daughter hit a snag.

    I have managed to climb Clee today. I just put each foot up on a step when I put my boots on, rather than bend. On arriving home I lay in the recliner with my legs in the air, like you do, for the husband to take my socks and boots off! I did feel a little light headed!?! Probably the rush of blood to my head with my feet flapping about in the air, type of thing!

    LX

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...