..

Sunday 12 July 2020

One minute I’m talking...

Welsh, the next the Gaelic and in the main the twaddle.
I am on a mission to get a holiday, first off just over the border into Wales for a bit of a break, and more importantly to see how Ellie gets on travelling to exotic climes?  She is not a good traveller in the car, she is improving as we find more exciting walks that little bit further afield, than the fields around here.  Sorry about that!  The town-training is okay going up to the town, walking to heel on the lead.  She gets stressed when either of us disappears into a shop and the minute we turn even vaguely for home, she flattens to the ground and pulls as if training for the Worlds Strongest Dog competition.
We go around the market and each time we are headed back towards home the same thing happens.  Turn away and everything is chilled and fairly relaxed.  What this is all about who knows.  How she will be in a strange town is the next exercise?  
Then later in the year I plan to go back to my old township and finally get the ruddy pressure cooker out of the box that I feel I have conned my neighbours 
into buying.  My three regular readers will remember how I sweet talked my way into getting my lovely ‘boys’ (old neighbours 83 & 81) into buying a all singing, all dancing pressure cooker in order to make more tasty and nutritious food for themselves.  Nobody was more surprised than me when 100 Scottish notes arrived in the post in order for me to purchase the contraption on their behalf!?!
The fact it is still in the box, not only the pressure cooker box, but the blooming box it was sent 
in, is of no surprise.  My feelings of horror that I have in effect conned them into buying... a what is, in their eyes a newfangled bomb in the guise of a cooker is a mere bagatelle!
I am determined to go up and demonstrate the finer points of this machine.  If cooking on Masterchef and daytime telly didn’t faze me I am sure showing two Highlanders how to use a all singing all dancing 
mean machine will be a doddle.
Whether as the husband says they will use it after I have gone is a question only time will tell?

The main thrust of my argument 
will be that even if Iain falls asleep after he has been on the hill gathering sheep all day, the food he has prepared and cooked won’t burn as he slumbers on counting even more sheep.  The reason being once cooked the thing bleeps and then slowly releases the pressure and then keeps the food warm...
What is there not to like after a hard days work?
My sledgehammer persuasion worked, they now have the gadget.
Can my skills as a teacher work to ensure they use it?  Only time will tell.


13 comments:

  1. I think I would need lessons to use that! Looks a bit complicated. I had a pressure cooker many years ago, but rarely used it as it frightened me to death with all the noises. I found the weight a while back. No idea what happened to the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pussy cat that purrs, not a thing to fear!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Now that is a newfangled -pressure cooker. Ours is the old kind that just hisses and very occasionally blows its top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See above, if the world has changed as much as it has it stands to reason pressure cookers have as well. It is even more gentle than me!?!

      LX

      Delete
  3. A multi linguist! My Welsh is getting a little rusty, as it is only getting practice with messaging offspring and friends..and the Gaelic isn't quite there yet!
    Ellie is getting there..but it won't be a quick job as you know.
    Pressure cooker lessons.... probably best done in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Varying levels of twaddle, basic, advanced and Masters. Let’s face it I struggle with english!?!

      The call has gone out for them to brace themselves, two months notice should be enough time to locate the box hidden under the crud that two crusty old bachelors acquire... shouldn’t it?

      LX

      Delete
  4. I feel their pain! I'm a bit 'scared' of new gadgets in the kitchen too. Hubby bought me a food processor recently and when I told him he could throw out the box he gave me 'the look' 'Have you used it yet?' 'Nope'. 'why not?' 'I don't know what to use it for'! 'So I better not throw the box out in case it doesn't actually work then!' He has a point. I only got a stand mixer last year and how I love it now. How did I survive 40+ years marriage without one. Perhaps the processor will have the same success, if I can only find something to process! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my food processor siting in the pantry for 10 years, last year I finally got it out of the box, read the booklet which comes with it, long story short..it is now my most used small appliance in my kitchen.

      Delete
    2. Being an retired chefette, I got to try all the very latest up to date gadgets and gizmos courtesy of other people’s money.

      LX

      Delete
  5. Well, good luck arranging the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organised, fingers crossed the virus doesn’t put a spanner in the works?

      LX

      Delete
  6. Lettice, I would be very interested to know how this pot thing works out?
    Don't forget to take lots of pictures wile traveling!
    I wonder what is growing in your garden at this time?
    I'm not nosy just very much interested in gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of my own which I took up with me last year. They were bowled over my the dishes I prepared. I suggested they get one and I hope that they would have a go? Wrong! I need to go and show them how very simple it is, No hissing and spitting and steam threatening, just an easy ride. I love mine, a tasty and tender stew in 20 minutes! What is there not to like?

      The garden is overflowing with poppIes which I love and shrubs that I am not awfully keen on. I love a natural, roughty-toughty I will do as I please garden, no plants in rows and well manicured lawns here...maybe not to your liking Moni?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...