..

Sunday 23 August 2020

I can feel a load of...

twaddle coming on!
I got to thinking as I perused, nay read other folks blogs, we all seem to be in that no man’s land of ‘What to do next for badness?’ writers’ block, type of thing.

Himself said to me just yesterday, that I write a really good
‘Sorry to hear your husband has died’ sort of missive.  Humour in my life is what keeps me going. 
Death is patiently waiting to take us all into its embrace.  There is humour to be found in the most extraordinary of places, why should dying be exempt? 
The human race is a good place to start.  Why do we all take ourselves so blooming seriously?  When you think about it, or maybe that is where I go wrong, maybe I shouldn’t thunk, then I wouldn’t see so much the funny side of things... maybe?  We are all but a grain of sand in the great planet we all find ourselves washed up on.  If I get my knickers in a twist today will it matter much tomorrow? I think not! Is it of great importance to discover in your family history that you are 26th in line to the throne of Tonga on your mother’s side?  Or that great, great, great, great Uncle Bert was a ‘peer’ of the realm because his hobby was to lurk in copses waiting for couples to copulate in their coupe on Clapham Common?  To my mind it is of no significance, that is history.  And what place does history play in any of our todays?  What is of value is how we get through our lives being caring of each other.
And yes, my email yesterday did, I hope make my much loved friend chuckle about ‘stuff’ in amongst the pain of her husband’s death.
She knows me well enough and has said ‘How you find the right words I do not know!’
Says it all in a strange way.
Twaddle is alive and well and living in Ludlow.  For those that know me are all too aware it comes from a place of love.



4 comments:

  1. Reading Discworld, Death has much sense to say (IN CAPITALS OF COURSE). Gentle humour softens hard facts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Once upon a time I used to give lots of talks, making an audience laugh is a powerful drug. It beats just about every substance legal and illegal know to man. At least that’s my take on it! A powerful tool to have in your armoury. If in in times of pain you can use it with a light touch... job done!

      LX

      Delete
  2. I will be honest here, I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here! I do agree we are but grains of sand taking ourselves way too seriously at times but I guess within that we are big fish in our little fishtank too! I think humour around death is something to be very careful with. To some, particularly of my mums generation, it would be very badly received. I have an elderly Italian aunt who takes death and grieving very seriously! She's still in deep mourning 5 years after her husband died and don't try to persuade her to move on - she won't have it! The Italians take grieving very seriously I think. I guess it comes down to personality. I feel I'm joining you in the twaddle part of this conversation because I have no idea what I or you are talking about here so perhaps I should stop while I'm behind!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t either MG! Sort of says it all really?

      LXX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...