..

Sunday 20 September 2020

Mutiny on the...

 Bounty!

A change of tactics from Rolos to Bounty,(thanks to Hippo for the mention of Bounty bars) dark chocolate naturally!  My favourite.  Hold tight it isn’t you LL you are trying to kill, it is the rat!

The pieces of chocolate are taken if they are put in other places in the wood pile, but not in the area of the trap.  I rather cunningly suggested we have a teaser of way markers into the trap by way of encouragement.  So far it hasn’t worked.  The first time the trap was turned on the trip was sprung and... nothing?  Whether the rat got a ‘shiver me timbers’ tickle of a volt of shock, enough just to straighten tail and whiskers I really have no idea?  Or could we have wasted our money on a crap piece of kit?  Most likely!  Whatever the answer last night I watched as it hopped onto my very stylish hand crafted, with shells around the edge, huge water bowl on the top of the wall.  The freshly topped up water was obviously to his/her liking as leisurely it drunk its fill.  Adding insult to injury it perched to have a little light wash of the whiskers!  I stood with steam escaping the old ear holes with anger pulsing through every fibre.  If only I could harvest the anger, Boris wouldn’t need to upgrade our nuclear power plants just plug me into the ruddy mains!





12 comments:

  1. Try getting a fox.... You could end up like the 'old lady who swallowed a fly'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m already like the blooming lady who swallowed a flaming fly. This living in harmony with nature is really getting on my... you what what’s!?! You just have to laugh!

      LX

      Delete
  2. I fear you need to employ a ratcatcher! In my head I see the child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in my head with large net and dodgy looking. I think you may have to also stop feeding everything and anything in the garden for a while, no water, no nothing. Surely ratty will go elsewhere if there is nothing of interest in your garden? I don't envy your dilemma! Or, as my children suggested when I showed them a photo last night of the giant spider in my garden (it was huge!!) 'best move house now'!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am going to stop feeding the birds and giving them water too. The hedgehogs have probably food closer to home for the time being, that or the problems with home schooling the little ones?

      LX

      Delete
  3. You need to take this having a rat in the garden very seriously. It could be that there is so much other food around, birds, hedgehogs feeding etc. that it does not need to go near the trap to be nourished. Please take it seriously, rats are dangerous and serious business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Rachel. The trouble is rats are rodents with Masters degrees! Clever little sods! The Bounty bar is slathered in peanut butter, the batteries and terminals have been fine turned, so watch this space for tomorrow’s update.

      LX

      Delete
    2. Don't forget I lived on a farm and we farmed until 5 years ago. Rats were taken extremely seriously and we kept a rat diary. I am pleased to say entries were rare. We were inspected by DEFRA, and the rat diary too, and my brother religiously kept on top of any rats who may have thought they could enter our grain store. You can be assured that your cereals and porridge are well protected against rats.

      Delete
    3. I don't know the history here, but if I were you I would be poisoning not trapping.

      Delete
  4. I think the trap used is a Fenn trap...employed by a ratcatcher...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The husband is looking as we speak. My voice has gone up an octave... £8.70! Flaming Nora! We spent £39.99 thinking we were giving them a swift and dignified demise. They are obviously having a larf... at our ruddy expense that’s the trouble. Too blooming canny by half!

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suspect the rate will be a goner soon.
    On another note, when you get to fifty or more, will you repost your followers gadget? We like to nose around and visit other blogs, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One way or another Joanne, it will be no more. I doubt I will ever get to fifty followers at this rate, but will do if the magical number is hit. Although not sure how people can ask to follow if the gadget isn’t in evidence, all too blooming complicated?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...