..

Friday 18 September 2020

Chuntering on...

 Thoughts, a mish-mash of them.

I am surprising myself by getting on okay with the new blogger format.  Sadly an old dear’s trick to not want to move with the times and embrace change... guilty!

My garden is bringing me joy as I get it more to my taste of exuberant plants and flowers showing me the way.  Giving them carte blanche to pop up where they will.  Trouble is I just need them to get a wiggle on and grow! Patience is a virtue so I am told, although not one on my advice note on arrival in the world?

Our new regime is to book two slots a week at local National Trust properties and walk Ellie in pastures new.  Himself is a lifetime member, so as we feel guilty about not adding to their coffers we have on arrival a cappuccino apiece, an egg and cress sandwich to share on our walk and pushing the boat out a bottle of cloudy apple juice.  We sure know how to live life to the full!  That is our plan for today, as yesterday I worked all day in the garden orchestrating the ordered chaos.  So a day walking will get a different set of muscles into play.

Two days of the week I am more grumpy than usual... is that possible?  Yes, and the reason is I am on the 5:2 blooming diet.  This week’s weight update... less than a pound lost... memo to self... don’t fill your ruddy boots on the other days... duh!?!

I am seriously thinking of taking up yoga again, after my vertigo first put in an appearance there, I don’t mind admitting I am nervous.  Although this time I would be far more sedate and not have any old truck with my usual bull at a gate all or nothing MO!  You know the sort, not content with fingertips on the floor, elbows!?! And another thing, the ‘gentle’ one of turning your head up, down, right and left, that was when it kicked off.  Me, deciding in my ‘infinite wisdom’ would turn my head as far as possible in each direction, why?  No idea?  Fool, stupid ruddy idiot!  That taught me a lesson, and how!

Photo’s of our day out to Croft Castle.  An ancient gnarled oak and I just love the face guarding the house of whoever lives within.




I feel strangely liberated about not having a followers gadget on my blog, so a good wheeze to remove it!

My cheerfulness gene is re-emerging from its slumbers.

Friday night, a flute of bubbles, the bottle I make last over the weekend, just wish I could manage food with the same aplomb?  I love to cook, so I suppose it follows I love to eat?


8 comments:

  1. We haven't yet got organised to take advantage of our National Trust membership..having to book goes against the grain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did for us to start with. We booked yesterday and when we arrived they said that the booking system was from Monday to Friday not now needed. So give it a go, just turn up. He did also say that unofficially the weekends don’t require you to book!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Lettice, loosing weight is very hard to do and keeping it off is even harder. Don't loose weight just for looks. loose it for your joints, your hips, blood pressure, diabetes and the heart, all these will come into play with gaining to much weight.......I should know! Soo... get to work girl no excuses please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moni you are teaching your grannie to suck eggs here, I have been on a diet all my life. The funny thing is I have lost nearly a stone since lockdown by just being careful. The single most important thing I have learnt in life is to never speak the diet word to a child. Eating a balanced diet without junk food or convenience food is also crucial. Easy for me to say being a trained chef, I know. The last time I had a Mcdonald’s beef burger was 34 years ago, no kidding! Your advice though is timely as the blooming virus loves a podge bod! Onwards and upwards, not on the scales obv.

      LXX

      Delete
  3. Another tree spirit person. I hope you patted it shoulder and said "Well done, old fellow".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Joanne and asked the tree if I could have a piece of its fallen wood, it agreed although I couldn’t find a piece smaller enough. It does look as if it is dying, goodness knows how old it is? A magnificent specimen of age standing proud in its gnarled glory; us oldies would do well to imitate it.

      LX

      Delete
  4. How strange....I have just this minute added a comment to another blog about oak trees! She had posted a video and song about sequoias, that apparently live for 2000 yrs plus and can't be burnt....well they can be burnt but still survive ( She lives on W coast USA). I would love to see some photos of your garden when it is as you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s exactly what I love about blogging the wide ranging subjects covered. When the garden is looking good after being reorganised by me, I will no doubt bore you ridged with photographs of the wild abandonment orchestrated by the old gardening guru... Lettice Leaf!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...