..

Wednesday 11 November 2020

Who knew fish fingers could...

be sexy? 

It has been an interesting week.

‘Is that Ellie?’ a lady enquired to the husband stood outside the cheese shop.  

Himself was dumbfounded, it doesn’t take a lot!  When I stumbled out of the pleasure dome of cheesy crumbliness, I was informed that the lady now in the shop was Alison a reader of my blog.  Himself was a tad crestfallen that it was Ellie that had drawn the admiring glance and not his manly bod!?!  We waited outside for me to say hello.  Alison lives in Ludlow and reads about our exploits.  Memo to self... best be careful in case my cover is well and truly blown.  How lovely to meet an actual living breathing reader.  

The next excitement was a package arriving with a raft of vegetable seeds for me from MG.  A lovely surprise thank you Martine, no slacking now on the allotment!  

We have a mystery in our garden, rats notwithstanding... still in ruddy residence.  The sink pond is being visited by something LARGE, we have no idea what?




The level drops there is muck up the side and cr*p on the edge.  It begs the question who are our latest nightly visitors? There has been the odd crow perching on our humongous tree, although any self respecting bird is tucked up snoozing on a branch come night time.  Any ideas?




This poppy I nearly pulled up, I am so pleased I didn’t as it is valiantly flowering... still.  The seeds I have harvested and will be sowing with huge pleasure, all through the garden and my allotment.  My grandchildren call me Poppy.

The fish fingers were featured on Nigella’s programme, which we were hugely entertained by, only because her archery was so blooming OTT.

Tartery taken to a whole new level, her being so arch had us in stitches... Gypsy Tart anyone?

19 comments:

  1. Your cover was blown some time ago! When I heard I enquired further to see who it was and was told where you lived and "you know, her with the airs and graces"
    Tuning in I saw your photo and it is indeed you!
    I've deliberated on whether to include my name but I'll remain anonymous although I might give you a hint when we next say Hello. Ellie is looking very well by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely make yourself known when next our paths cross, it will be lovely to meet you.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Always good to meet a reader.
    As for Nigella - good grief - I happened upon her and the fishfingers just a teensie bit OTT I thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, have you met many of your readers Sue? I know you get together with Rachel on occasions.

      Nigella is a Marmite type woman.

      LX

      Delete
    2. I've met Pat Weaver of Grass ( who I really hope is OK after her hip fracture)Rachel of course, Joy from Essex and a couple of people who recognised me when I was doing a boot sale.
      Hope I haven't forgotten anyone

      Delete
  3. How lovely that you remembered my name, apologies to himself, not good at recalling faces, but rarely forget a dog I have met. LOL. Good to have bumped into all three of you and to see Ellie looking so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super to meet you Alison. Dog’s are a great icebreaker. Our meeting was a case in point.

      LX

      Delete
  4. Wow, your readers are coming out of the woodwork! Better watch out now, no hiding any longer lol. You are welcome. I hope the seeds thrive in your new plot alongside the poppies. I cannot persuade a red poppy to flower in my garden, its very frustrating! Mine are all yellow and frankly look more like weeds than the lovely red ones. I tolerate them grudgingly though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best I don my false beard any day now, although with the state of my chin, I could wait a day or two and let nature take its course...

      I will return the compliment and send you some seeds. This poppy has blooms of all colours; where it came from I have no idea?

      LX

      Delete
  5. It is good to meet bloggers in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am looking forward to your calling in on way to or home from your family in Wales gz.

      LX

      Delete
  6. It is good, good, good to meet bloggers, and I have done so here, my American friends, and one from over your way. We are all people, under our skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny when you think about it, that we all share an interest yet live such wildly different lives. Let’s celebrate our blogging relationships.

      LX

      Delete
  7. Lettice, on the left side of the greenhouse is a large plant, is it an artichoke? I tried to grow them but our summers are to short. Maybe I need to start the seeds much earlier!...Congratulations on your new blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed an artichoke, I am sorry I cut off the tops as in the winter frosted they look magnificent.

      LX

      Delete
  8. I like Nigella's recipes, but watching her do them is " trying" to say the least. That smirk she has on her face the whole time makes me want to......well.....I will put it politely.....remove it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does she know I wonder how it makes a large chunk of people titter? She is in danger of becoming a caricature of herself.

      LX

      Delete
  9. Just had a quick read of a blog on Crow's side list, Home..she is having techie problems like yours I think..and seems to be linked to the make of her computer..fruity like yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh... thanks for that... just off to have a read...

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...