..

Wednesday 28 October 2020

Twelve years ago...

 today we were wed.

Recycled bride and groom, the London Eye seemed the natural venue.

A ruddy revolution.  

I said I never would.  Capering around the track again?  Not for me, I ‘stoutly’ replied!  The  operative word obv.  Even on our first date I laid out my stall.  All I wanted was a man to get out of the box, for whatever the occasion demanded then smoothly without any animals being hurt in the manoeuvre gently popped back until the next assignment... simples?  Seven long years later of boxing and repacking I relented.

This morning we have both had butter on our single piece of toast by way of celebration.  Who said the art of romance was dead?







18 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary you two. Here's to the next 12 years!! I do hope you plan a slightly more 'elaborate' meal for later in the day! Surely you couldn't pass up the chance to cook for your man?! Whatever you manage to do in these weird and wonderful times I hope you have a great and romantic day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MG. We have had a good day, I have even been allowed through the allotment door to explore...

      LX

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both - and wishing you many more wonderful years together. Lovely photos against the Big Wheel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself looks like he has a halo, mind you he has needed one to put up with me!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary 🎉 !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twelve years have just flown and what a wonderful wacky day we had, not at all like yours, but just as off the wall! The only way!

      LX

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, we were determined to enjoy ourselves and we did.

      LX

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary.Lots of love Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of love to you to Barbara, we all need it in these odd times...

      LX

      Delete
  6. Very Happy Anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! Glad you had a great day, and now on for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to both of you.
    Hope you two had a very special day.
    Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Ellie only this morning, calm and daft seems to work?

      LX

      Delete
  9. Happy Anniversary. you both look fab in those photos. Your man looks like the fella that my friend who used to live next door , has gone to live with in New Zealand ! ( she is in her mid 60s)

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...