..

Sunday 23 May 2021

You know the...

 sort?  The ones that you really have no idea if you devour them or they you?  In an earlier age you would (may?) have parted with £9.99 to enjoy their company.  Now the fifty pennies that you part with to get them in your grasp seems like a safe bet.  Even if the money spent is ill advised and you decide to chuck them out of the window, or better still take them back from whence they came.  This way the charity shop gets another bite of the cherry as it were?

I am of course referring to a tome like this...


all 833 pages.

The print you need a microscope to read.  The density of words on the page you need the skills of Bear Grylls to navigate. The eyes of a hawk to see.  The intellect of Plato to understand (an easy read if you have stickability) and the fortitude of Saint Daniel to not be sidetracked.

I am in the full flush of heart thumping first love, nay call it lust.

I will report back...

9 comments:

  1. Waiting with baited breath....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thus far I have only really met two prostitutes! Only 797 pages to go. I may be gone some time.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Oh yes indeed! I'm trying to reduce the 1000 plus books around our house - but so many of them need just one more read before they go. War and Peace next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read a book and enjoy it, I want to keep it. I have reached the stage in life that if I am finding a book heavy going I take it to a charity shop. There are too many good books to read before I shuffle off to waste my time reading books I am not enjoying.

      LX

      Delete
    2. I was reading a book recently and now & again I thought I recognised a name or a happening. Carried on reading and enjoying the book, but wondered if maybe I'd read it previously. Had a good think but had no idea how it all ended so decided I hadn't read it. But when I finished, I realised I had!
      So I have possibly reached the age when I don't need to buy any more books; I'll just keep reading the same one over and over. :)

      Delete
    3. Clever idea, although I can’t do that even if I enjoyed the book the first time around.

      LX

      Delete
  3. Unless you've fallen into your new read, I still feel it is up to me to check on you and see that you are well. My only connection with your quirky personality is through your blog, so when I don't see any new posts I feel it is my duty to check on your welfare. Hope all is well. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just replied at length all for it to fail… I will try this. Thank you for your concern.

    LX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts Ranee are taken up with Audrey who from day to day is failing. The book yes, I am not even half way through and enjoying every word. You touching base to see how things are going is much appreciated. I promise to be back larger than life and twice as ‘orrible!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...