..

Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Our eyes met...

I walked on by...
I stopped, he looked a decent man.
Back I tracked...
'What has bought you to this?'
'Is it alcoholic or illegal substances?'
All the while breathing the fumes of two glasses of wine drunk at a leisurely lunch over him.
'My marriage has broken up, my son...'
As I put money in his cardboard box I touched his bearded cheek.
'Spend it wisely!' I said...

What right had I to say that, I thought as I walked away?

Did he think 'Daft tart!'
You know something I don't care.
At the end of the day I would rather 
he thought that
than me walk on by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picking the spent...

flowers of the Morning Glory, all is quiet in the early morning sun. An enjoyable first task of the day.  My thoughts are given free rein ...