..

Thursday 17 October 2019

Sourdough soap opera...

the story so far.
My decision to bend the rules has been a success.

This is my usual multigrain loaf made every week, this time with the addition of the throw away half of the starter.  We both agreed the loaf was much improved, the texture and flavour seemed greatly enhanced.  Was it our imagination playing tricks?  I have no idea? 


This photograph was taken yesterday just a few hours after I had fed the remaining starter and you may be able to see that already it had doubled in size.  My idea is to keep dividing and feeding until I feel that it is ripe for making a pukka sourdough loaf.  How I will know is anyone’s guess?
Am I morphing into a crashing sourdough bore I idly wonder...
answers on a postcard please...


7 comments:

  1. Well its keeping you out of mischief and not worrying so much about Ellie! I love your tenacity. We look forward to the day you reach your goal! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of mischief... moi? You having a laugh MG? Trouble is, even this morning’s measuring went haywire as with my cavalier approach I forgot to zero the flaming scales! So it’s anyone’s guess as to what havoc I’ve wreaked today, If it turns out okay it will be nothing short of a flaming miracle!

      LX

      Delete
    2. I had to come back to tell how how much that made me laugh! I'm having a clear out which is incredibly boring and I stopped for a break and came back for a browse and hubby is now wondering why I'm laughing so much!! xx

      Delete
  2. Slow food is well worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow? Today’s miscalculation is galloping away. And for the life of me I don’t know when to stop?

      LX

      Delete
  3. As long as we're listening, you're OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is Joanne, I do wonder sometimes, as I seem to get lots of looks and not many comments. The bottom line for me is I enjoy writing twaddle which strange to say I wouldn’t get as much out of if I didn’t have an audience... a silent one for all that!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...