..

Sunday 15 December 2019

Do you get...

Denim...
on all ages?
Tattoos... 
on young perfect skin, okay if your aim is to look like an old matelot fresh off a ship. The ink leeching into the hollows and troughs as the skin sags.  Years down the line...
‘Who the deuce was Wayne?’ forgotten in the mists of time!
Piercings...
for what purpose?  An emerald on the side of the nose looking for all the world like... snot!
Jeans... 
on lithe young bodies, fine, not so hot on old codgers with a comb-over to hide their glistening pate 
High heels...
that look spectacular.  However to wear you need a crash course on the high wire of the circus to perfect your balance... Oh and are bloody agony to wear!
Purple hair... 
why?
Acrylic nails, that are painted on over your own homegrown ones.  The compound of which is so toxic the ‘people trafficked’ young girls have to wear a mask in order for them to survive, allowing their pimps to make even more money out of their being in the ‘free’ world!  Then your own nails only have the temerity to grow; the false nails look weird as they march ever further from the nail bed.  Ensuring that you make another appointment to go back as only the nail bar has the secret formula to remove the bloody things.
Black tattooed eyebrows...
that look for all the world like your forehead is sporting two black slugs spoiling for a fight.
Trainers on the old...
Why?  What are they training for? Marching towards the big sleep?




6 comments:

  1. You know this is the stuff 'old' ladies say right?? lol. I have to disagree with you I'm afraid. I personally don't like some of the things you mention either but that said, I have no objection to anyone else dressing as they please. I dress like a bag lady at times and I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks so how can I judge others? If I thought I'd get away with it I'd wear high heals and flared mini dresses. I have a style in my head that I aspire to but know full well I'd never in a month of sundays get away with without my family telling me to 'get a grip'!! My only wish is that I'd appreciated my figure more when I was younger and all the 'young' gear I admire now had been available then! You're sounding old and grumpy Lettice - get a grip!! ;P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup... right in one MG. Made me laugh anyway... me grumpy? Never! Or maybe just a tad!?! So much of what you say I completely agree with, not that I would admit that, mind! The husband has just walked in and said ‘What made you laugh?’ A rare occurrence around these parts since overnight I’ve as if by magic morphed into old AND grumpy.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Often things I think but would never dare to say out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be interesting to hear what folk think about us, probably on a par with my thoughts? I have sadly never been afraid of speaking my mind and I ought to say over the years it has got me into no end of trouble!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too... some might say what a boring pair?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...