..

Saturday 18 January 2020

Getting the staff trained...

 has I must confess been an uphill struggle.  I would go so far as to say it is most definitely still work in progress.

I’ve heard them say how intelligent I am, they don’t know the half of it!

Look, I’m a collie, I like routine, which being a pair of old codgers they seem to like as well, so that’s okay.  The problem is they get up at seven, well to be more precise Dad gets up, lets me out and then disappears back to bed with mugs of tea.  I am then relegated to my second bed in the Orangery.  What is it with these poncy names, don’t they know I’m just a mutt from Ireland.  And then there’s the Wrenery, personally I think it should be called the Tittery because the main visitors are tits.  Blue tits, long tailed, great and coal tits.  How do I know because while they wile away another hour in bed I get to study the visitors to the Wrenery?  I haven’t ever seen a wren in there!

When Mum comes down that’s when the day begins, I get served home made liver biscuits in bed, then my breakfast of turkey thigh and vegetables is served in my room.  Room service!  After breakfast I jump up on her lap for a cuddle, alright I know I’m a collie and should by now be out on the hill, I am after all just a mutt from Ireland.

Next indoor ball game, which I ought to say my demand to play doesn’t always go down too well.  I lay the blame squarely at her door, or to be more precise her chair.  Mum taught me how to put the ball on her lap which she now regrets as she tries to concentrate knocking out another blog on her flat thing.  What is it with these infernal machines?  Whenever I jump up I try my very hardest to knock it out of her hands, the same with mugs of tea. I require, ney demand her undivided attention, which doesn’t always work!  Mum is the jolly fun one, Dad is more serious and takes his dog owning responsibility like  the CEO he thinks he is.  Obviously we know different!?!
I know it’s sexist to say but I do still have a problem with men, due in no small part to my past life, so I do tend to favour LL.  She is the one that tells me off, but I still love her even so.


Not the best photo, but at least she hasn’t started taking selfies!

6 comments:

  1. Ellie, it sounds to me like you landed on all four paws getting this gig. Hand fed in bed, home cooked biscuits no less and ball games at your whim - mine only give me bought food, albeit, some of it is chicken thighs which get cooked for me but thats a treat. I have a similar fondness for MG she feeds me and waters me and plays hide and seek with me I love a game of hide and seek but she doesn't seem to notice I know how mirrors work so I can see her standing behind the bedroom door, but I pretend I can't see her! The man of the house is more diligent at walkies and he will walk for miles in any direction I want, MG tends to tell me which way to go, the things I have to put up with. Anyway it was nice chatting with you but I think my mum wants this mouse thing back again, she won't let me go away and chew it for some reason! Nice to meet you. Sonny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between you and me Sonny I think your Mum is as crackers as mine!

      EX

      Delete
  2. Would you say that they struggle most with the 'Obedience' training, or 'Agility' Ellie?

    I find that sad brown eyes work wonders, especially on Mum - her biggest fault is that she likes to get out and about, no matter what the weather, I just can't get her out of the habit - so if you have any helpful suggestions on that one I would be grateful. Keep up the good work. An Admirer.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I couldn’t put a Bonio between the two. Agility might have it by a nose, a cold wet one obv. as today on our two hour walk up to the highest bit of Shropshire, Dad slipped on the ice and has been moping around ever since.

      Since finding my paws well and truly under the table, I honestly haven’t felt sad... eyes, legs or tail. Also I am a very young active and one of the most intelligent breeds of dogs, labradogs I suppose might come close, but even then? So in answer to your question man up and get out there with her, she’ll love you all the more, all the while thinking she’s the boss, when you and I Admirer know different!

      EX

      Delete
  3. Excuse me. Your leg is long enough to snap that selfie.

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...