..

Friday 17 January 2020

With my opera...

 glasses I sit and spy, 
007 eat your heart out!
There are six I can see that need the Lettice touch.  I pursue eBay and Gumtree for a greenhouse, a barrow and a pile of muck.  Seeds are sown, the sap is without doubt on the move.  I loiter outside the main man’s house looking for all the world like a tom touting for trade.  I’m not proud!  The garden here waits with bated breathe as I plan the pond.  Trouble is I don’t want EarthmoversRUs (i.e. the husband) to strut his stuff until I have a safe home for the many and various box/yew balls, which I plan to use as a stylish spinney on Lettice Leaf’s very own allotment.

Just now a waiting game...


4 comments:

  1. Patience my friend, patience. It will happen but remember its only January, you have time. Well at least I hope you have and if you haven't no point getting an allotment anyway!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What before I die you mean MG? Always look on the bright side of life...

      LXX

      Delete
  2. EarthmoversRUs! Harharhar. I lived with one for 30 years. And at his worst, he was ScrimmeramI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Better than a lot of other names we could have thought of?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...