..

Sunday 9 February 2020

Flavour of my...

Sunday morning.
After breakfast of home cooked turkey thigh, carrots, sweet potato and Wainwright’s kibble, this is the next demand by chef...
cuddles!  


She always says as I jump up that I am far too hefty to be a lap dog, little realising she’s the one that cooks all this delish food.  

As it is tipping with rain and blowing a gale, I decided to settle down with the plastic bone given to me by one of my many admirers.  When first given it I showed the disgust it deserved by burying it.  What self respecting dog chews on plastic, don’t these humans know what havoc they’re wreaking on the planet?  What’s wrong with a real bone, I ask you?  What with the movement of the earth’s crust it miraculously reappeared.  She only then went and gave it back to me.  So I thought I better show some appreciation by giving it a good chewing.  Especially as I’ve heard them say they will wait for Ciara to go.  Fair weather walkers, surely they know their skin is waterproof?  Anyway, there I was quietly minding my own business and that reminds me what is it with these people that as soon as my poo hits the ground they rush up and bag it!  What’s that all about, I ask you?
I digress; progress was being made on the demolition of the 
aforesaid plastic howsyourfather when mum took one look at the tiny bits of plastic I was enjoying eating when blow me down in a gale she took the blooming thing away!  I wouldn’t mind but it was her that resurrected it!  In her favour she did replace the ‘bone’ with the kong loaded with gristle from the ham bone featured in another post.  Finally settled and getting into the zone with the bone (read kong)
they only then decided to brave the raging storm and go to the woods!?!  Woods and wind don’t in my doggie book go, however I’m just a hound who loves to run, sniff and leave billet-doux.  I did try my very hardest to take the tasty kong along, they weren’t having any of it!  One thing in their favour is even if the weather is awful they don’t trick me out in a coat.  I have two perfectly good ones of my own...
top coat and undercoat of my collie cashmere.

Back home now and all is peace as they peruse the papers.  Just a typical day in a dog’s life.


2 comments:

  1. Well Ellie, you were saved from eating bits of plastic...be grateful! My Alexi had a problem with some " Braided lamb" that he has been enjoying happily for months now of an evening. He had nearly finished it ( it takes about half an hour ...of peace for me!). I noticed he was coughing a bit and pawing at his face for about 10 mins.....couldn't get near him. He stopped after a while but then carried on making a funny noise......I thought, well needs must, so managed to open his mouth and saw a inch of it behind his back teeth. Got the fingers in and pulled....eventually, out came a 4 inch long piece that was down in his throat! Needless to say the remaining ones have been binned. Glad that you didn't get any trees falling on your head in the woods.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Riding to the rescue, they know you are going to help somehow and good job you did. Ellie has a penchant for stones, something she came with! She isn’t quite as bad now but I am constantly scanning the garden. The kong does seem indestructible so that is the toy of choice now. The ball games have been put on hold indefinitely as we noticed she was giving a hop on her back leg. On inspection from the vet she said that her cruciate ligament was a bit tender... so no more ball games, which is such a pity as she did love them so much! The kong flies off at different angles so she waits to see which way it’s going... a far more measured approach. Who would have thought it, her old mum is getting sensible... perish the thought!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...