..

Sunday 2 February 2020

I’m on a...

mission, boy am I having fun!
The postal cookery course is nearing completion.

Photo’s and fulsome instructions together with packets of Waitrose blend of pulses for minestrone and stock cubes are being packed almost as we speak.  Italian?  It’s rich really when one of the brothers hasn’t been further from home than Inverness! Together with mulled plum chutney, marmalade, and ginger crunch bars, all packed neatly into a very stylish Turkish slipper shoe box.  Travel the world without leaving home type of thing.  Also another sourdough loaf has just been created in this the Ludlow Temple of Sourdough.
Before finally packing up the parcel I will put in the info I have found about Dexter cattle.  My old neighbour and I whenever we get on the phone ruminate about different breeds.  What with me being a failed self sufficient ‘goddess’ and retired dairy farmer. Or to be more precise a divorced has-been of the world of moo-cows!?!


In the meantime the husband waits patiently for his dinner

10 comments:

  1. And that's why you are so attached to Border Collies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The husband looks as if he has got a " lit up" mohican hairstyle !!
    Ellie looks very relaxed. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh! Looking at it again, yes he does, sadly he is bald!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you've been a very industrious busy bee. Your friends will love their care package, it sounds wonderful. I saw one of your super duper looper machines advertised on the telly last night! I said to my hubby 'I think that's Lettuces' machine'. I got a look in return, I didn't bother explaining! I suspect your husband has already developed the patience of a saint hence his relaxed demenour! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have MG, even off to work today for Dignity day at the hospital, my volunteering side-line! It was in the foyer where we were offering tea, coffee and cake. Chatting to patients and their visitors. Needless to say I was in my element, I do love a mission!

      I can just imagine hubby thinking, even after all these years I still haven’t got a clue most times of what she’s on about? Long may it continue, says I! Always good for us girls to have an air of mystery!?!

      LX

      Delete
  4. I love his chair which looks really relaxing does it have a foot rest as well. Would love to know where you got it from x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chair is called Mosel, made by Himolla, a German company. The footrest is part of the chair, just grip the armrests and lean back and up she comes. No separate footrest to bump into and get in the way of things. If you google them you can find a local supplier. These were bought in Canterbury! They really are the bizz. I never sit in mine without my feet being up, so relaxing... zzzz

      LX

      Delete
  5. Thank you I will have a look x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errr,.. there is one small problem, they are blooming hard to get out of, not physically you understand? Mentally, because they are soooo very comfortable.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...