..

Thursday 20 February 2020

Rainy day thoughts...

Ellie has been sick in the night.
Rough grass is the main constituent.  That obviously begs the question, what exactly is going on in her tum?  She has always been keen to eat grass, although of late has been tempted by the reedy type.  She today seems bright enough in herself although she does chew on sticks and cut back stalks on shrubs.  In the early days she had a penchant for stones.  My fear is she has maybe swallowed something she shouldn’t have done?  We are going next week to the vets for her booster jab so will ask her?  If things don’t improve with the sickness we will be there sooner.
What a worry!

On my wish list now is a small greenhouse.  Convincing the husband is my next task.  He isn’t interested in the garden so the expense I suppose seems like...
questionable?  Even the reminder of how I used to spend hours in my greenhouse in Goudhurst hasn’t as yet worked it’s magic... it will!
Director’s chair, feet up, mug of tea, or glass of wine depending on the time of day, I would sit surveying my pond, my garden, the magnificent view.  Not a lot of pricking out, planting and pruning got done I must admit.
But the peace from his point a view must be taken into consideration... I rest my case!


Scarecrow in my old garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...