..

Friday 21 February 2020

I took off...

my grey felt beret, put it on my right knee and as I sat and waited for my glass of wine to arrive I got to thinking.  It really is a funny thing to walk into a place that is called a pub and sit and talk between yourselves whilst others at other tables do exactly the same?  What is that all about?
Sitting beside the fire, looking at the couples, two lots were doing the day’s crossword in the paper, one couple were just sitting chatting, their dog quietly steaming by the fire.  One was a crusty old batchelor who sat slowly sipping his pint whilst cracking open each page of his broadsheet as he ceremonially worked his way through from news to sport.  Us, well we idly chatted about the days events.  All of us in our different ways happy in their space in what is to all intents and purposes someone’s front room.  The flavour of a Friday night in a pub in Ludlow.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect! How is Ellie - fully recovered, I hope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie is fine, although on our trip next week to the vets we will get her tum checked. Also over breakfast this morning and talk of us going to Clee Hill, it was decided that the most prudent idea would be to go after lunch giving her tum time to digest her brekkie. Sound sensible? Worrying isn’t it... me and common sense don’t usually have more than a passing acquaintance!?!

      LX

      Delete
  2. It is funny in pubs...in company but separate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so strange and the times I have sat and thought what is this all about?

      LX

      Delete
  3. Thanks for having us back! We chat best like in a pub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I did miss the comments even though the hardy few did email me, but as MG said it’s not the same and strange to say it isn’t!

      LX

      Delete
  4. Ooh, comments are back! Great. Not that I have anything to say!!

    How is Ellie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you took the time out to. Much appreciated Frances. Thank you. Nothing to say? That’s never stopped us before!

      LX

      Delete
  5. Comments back, lovely, not often I have anything useful to add, but I did look up car/motion sickness in my animal books, then dipped out of e-mailing as I didn't understand what my computer wanted me to do to it in order to do so, IT challenged these days.

    Anyhow the suggestion of not feeding before travelling was one made. Depending on what you feel about Homeopathy, my book for small animals made a few suggestions, several possibilities, but quite complicated, so if interested you might investigate further. When I lived in Dorset we had a Vet who had done some training in it, and of course no placebo effect in animal. (Sorry for the essay).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh err... I’m off to investigate. I do love spells, homeopathic hocus-pocus howsyourfather and I’m there! Thanks for that, I will report back.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...