..

Sunday 16 February 2020

This is the bottom of...

our road.  


Ludlow has severe flood warnings posted for today.

This house so far as I can see hasn’t been flooded.  The water is certainly in the garden.  Hopefully not into the house?

We are four properties up from here.  I think it is due to peak this afternoon.  Fingers crossed there is no more rain as the hills surrounding us are sodden with all the recent severe weather.

The Green Cafe our Sunday morning coffee stop is sadly under water. From the top opposite where we live you can see the full extent of the flooding with all surrounding fields completely submerged. 

Just read John Gray’s post about how he loves to read about the minutiae of folks life.  So as a consequence I am adding that after coming in from our walk I made a wholemeal lemon drizzle cake, which I haven’t made for ages.  I ought to say it hasn’t come out quite as good as I remembered it and my very own liver biscuit recipe for Ellie.
The cake I am sending up to the boys in Scotland, so I will never know how it compares?  Added to which what with the flooding all around, the cake will be stale by the time it gets there, as Hermes will have a job to get to pick it up from the Co-op.  Oh and I had sardines for lunch, houmous and green salad.  The oil from the sardines were worked into the biscuit recipe. How healthy was that?  I feel so self righteous what with a wholemeal cake made, a meal full of health giving stuff and using the excess oil for the dog.
Ellie is now bullying me to go and inspect the college field which she has no idea is now a water park.







This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...