..

Saturday 15 February 2020

Confession time...

In my past life I am ashamed to say I used to bore the pants off anyone who had the misfortune to cross my path.  I could almost have been called a member of a dodgy cult of shoppers.  I was not to put too fine a point on it a Waitrose girl.  Pure unsullied, never darken the doors of any other emporium sort of lass.
Moving to Ludlow has put a stop to my evangelical retail ramblings.  Our nearest is Hereford and the miles in a car using the earth’s resources to get there goes hugely against the grain.  Added to which why would you want to when Ludlow is a renowned foodie town?  I now buy from local shops butchers, fishmonger and greengrocers.  We have a Local to Ludlow market every fortnight where the most glorious food and produce can be bought.  There is also an Aldi store which is super... gone are the days when I very snifferly poured scorn on their head; never having stepped inside, what did I know?  I hate bigots don’t you and sadly I was one?  I am a reformed character... a convert, not always a good thing because before long I will be preaching the word of 
the book according to St. Theo, patron saint of flaming 
Aldi!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...