..

Sunday 10 May 2020

I have a tooth...

a tombstone of a tooth.
A front tooth no less with a tadge of filling missing, luckily on the backside!  I blame it squarely at the door of this bloody sourdough. Which I do seem to be making a lot of lately... sadly eating as well, as my waistline will testify.
Anyway I phoned the dentist to inform him of my dilemma, graciously suggesting as I had wussed out of my last appointment due to the appending virus swooping in, he could at the same time do the filling that was due to be done when I cancelled my visit!  Oh how naive I am!
His nurse phoned to say sorry no can do!  And until the government restrictions were lifted I was on my own.  She had worked out I wasn’t in pain, the only pain was the fear of chomping the butch crust of my bread.  The thought of losing even more of the filling means I have to cut my bread as you do for a toddler.  Some might say apt, me, I couldn’t possibly comment as I peel myself off the floor from having a strop about something!?!  The reason completely having gone from my child’s mind.

Anyway to cut a short story long, I have this morning, been playing dentists and patients with myself.
The nurse’s advice was to get a temporary filling kit and have a go... sounds like a plan... 
Yesterday, the filling I had to immerse in boiling water, roll between thumb and forefinger to soften wouldn’t strut its stuff and stick!  So last night I was back to watching the television with my tongue constantly checking out my tooth.
Today I have had more success with just using the cement so now I am sat here with a tongue that is constantly checking out this ruddy great lump of stuff stuck on the back of my front tooth.




9 comments:

  1. There is such a thing as a temporary filing kit?? Who knew! I would likely be doing the same thing, checking out my tooth every few seconds. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is called Toothypegs. There are others in the market as well, whether better or not I have no idea? I got mine online although I think chemists will certainly do them.

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Already not only my tongue but my teeth are now exploring the new foreign object in my chops. Which let’s face it isn’t at all the idea? I’ve done some things in my time but dentistry just about takes the biscuit... not the nut brittle, mind!?!

      LX

      Delete
  4. I did not know such a thing existed as a diy dentistry set! Hubby here had toothache a couple of weeks ago and phoned our dentist and sent her a photograph of said tooth. She said to try toothpaste for sensitive teeth but if too much pain ensued there were hubs set up where dentists would deal with you. Fortunately so far the toothpaste is working! Nothing worse than something unusual in your mouth, your tongue won't leave it alone! You might want to dip your bread in butter to soften the crust for now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dip my bread in butter my dear girl? Already the problem is I must try to take more bread on my butter...

      I would have loved to see himself taking a selfie of his poorly tooth. At this rate he will have a squillion followers on twitter and be able to invest in 24 carat gold china choppers.

      LX

      Delete
    2. His devoted wife took said photograph! Let me tell you, it wasn't easy! Twitter? Twitter? whats that? Hubby loathes social media, blames it for all thats wrong in the world so I'm afraid the gold will not be coming our way any time soon!

      Delete
  5. How awful. Our dentists are back up and running. I have an appointment this coming week. Only difference, we wait in our car until summoned into the building.
    I just laughed at taking more bread on your butter. Reminds me of my daughter asking Having a little toast with your butter, Mom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butter I didn’t know was an addictive substance: in my world it definitely is!

      We can’t even get our unruly locks attended to, what hope then for a dentist drilling into your very soul and the resulting fine spray hanging in the air?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...