..

Friday 15 May 2020

SlutsRUs...

Our tiny chest freezer is in our shed, well to call it a shed is a sweeping understatement.  A broom cupboard would be more appropriate.  Yesterday morning I went down the garden to get some meat for Ellie’s casserole, nothing amazing about that?  As you can’t move in there I had to balance everything on the edge of the open freezer.  The shelves beside it were full of crud.  Crud a strange word, but what other word would you use for empty disused compost sacks, welly boots and the detritus of nothingness?
You might have a guess at where this is going? Balancing the bags of half opened mixed veg on the side suddenly the Tower of Peaser (sorry about that!) fell between the freezer and the wall.
Suddenly I was transported into a land of fury, pressure cooker about to blow type of thing!
Husband who had heard the crash came to the rescue, in part I suspect because this is his space!?!
Strangely I only had a minor strop   (this lockdown is having a weird effect?) as I do so love a jackbooting gallump around... huffing!
As I reversed out, yes, it is that tight in there!  I decided the time had come to spring clean and totally rearrange the layout.
I measured the shelf unit only to find that it would go along the back wall and not down the side where it made getting to the freezer so blooming tricky... Why hadn’t we thought of this before?
Everything was pulled out, the freezer being held by me balanced on the door jab as himself shuffled the shelves around and surprise, surprise they fitted perfectly along the back wall.
The freezer is now much more getatable!  I have kept a shelf free for me to put things on as I bottom-up doing a duck impersonation, not a pretty sight!


The rubbish found in his man ‘shed’ you just wouldn’t believe?  A trip to the newly reopened tip was now very much on the agenda.  I was tempted to send him off with a pack of sandwiches and a flask of tea in case he was gone for most of the day!


We worked well together and at the end a very respectable space emerged like the ugly duckling turning into a beautiful swan.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can say that again! A day in these strange times where we both felt we had achieved something worthwhile.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, you have to find enjoyment in the strangest of ways.

      LX

      Delete
  3. Isn't it funny how something doesn't get to you for ages then suddenly you have an urgent need to 'sort' it! I do that all the time, ignore what I know to be a problem then one day it all just suddenly drives me nuts and I'm off! It's looking very organised now, good job! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the bag hadn’t fallen spilling the contents I would have done what I always do, huffed and puffed with the chaos in there and walked away self righteousness in every step thinking it’s not MY SPACE!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...