..

Friday 1 May 2020

This is keeping me out...

of mischief today.

A Highland cow for Iain, work in progress. Not sure the beard is quite right?

The garden is more or less done, just a matter of giving the seedlings a hard stare and encouraging them by a glance to get a move on!  Not easy even with my power of personality!?!


Poppy looking over Alistair’s gate.

This what I do, as I can’t draw: I sew primitive interpretations of friends and their lives and the impact they have had on me over the years.  Keeps me off the streets and how important is that in these troubling times?  I’m happy, I’ve always fancied myself as a recluse.

6 comments:

  1. They are lovely..I really like them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’ve either got it or you haven’t and sadly I haven’t, however I enjoy making them. These are birthday cards for my ‘boys’ 81 and 83 in the Highlands. What they will make of them heaven knows?

      LX

      Delete
  2. They are brilliant. Just one question...do cows have beards??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a question I asked myself, I will investigate and if necessary trim off the van dyke, at least to a nine o clock shadow!?! All part of not having an artistical bone in my body...

      LX

      Delete
  3. I think you have a very artistic bone! I love these, especially the cow! When I finish mask making I may try to emulate your works! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blow hot and cold about my artistic aspirations, which between you and me I think is pants. I am my own worst critic..

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...