..

Sunday 13 December 2020

A trip was...

 planned tomorrow to the Apricot shop in Hereford, while there I decided on a mercy mission to not one but two supermarkets for vital supplies like gin, truffles of the pongy-kind, champagne and a slither or two of salmon of the smoked.  You know the sort... vital.  Well that is until the breaking news our ‘esteemed’(?) government has suggested that the supermarkets start to stockpile in readiness for the end of the world... oops sorry end of the year madness.  Well to cut a long story short I will turbo power my Smart into the first supermarket car park and turbo it out pretty damn quick sticks if there is so much of a quiver of a queue... ditto the second one. 

I don’t do queueing or even stockpiling, so Christmas might be a bit thin on the ground here.  Just noodles on 26 layers of loo roll toasted to a crisp to resemble sourdough toast.



Ebenezer would be proud.

4 comments:

  1. BJ saying stockpile, supermarkets saying don't....
    Logistics persons dealing with supply chains are tearing their hair out... Pirate's son is one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped into the supermarket today for half a dozen items for my lead up to Christmas. I could barely move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just back, all fairly quiet I am happy to report.

    LX

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...