..

Wednesday 9 December 2020

I have a little...

foible, which some might find a tad strange.  I am unashamedly addicted to tracking parcels.  On a par with stamp collecting, train spotting, numismatics, fag card collecting, I could go on.... and on.... and on.

The problem is exacerbated at this festive time of year.  I am fully aware I could get a consignment sent from some dodgy on-line purveyor of pills, portions, spills and spells.  Trouble is in the blink of a bat’s eye I would be tracking the ruddy parcel.

In fact only today as the person I have been tracking all day arrived I said I must get out more as... I have been charting your progress around Ludlow, did you stop in Castle Street for your luncheon? To which he replied my solicitor will be getting in touch with yours as stalking is an offence...

Oh dear will anyone make me a cake with a file in it?  Or even a file with a cake in it?

Call me a tart, I really don’t care... Bakewell it has to be. Tarte au Citron... nay!



13 comments:

  1. I will say it again, mad as a hatter!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I have a friend whose son is an airplane pilot. She tracks him like Santa and the reindeer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would appear I am now being able to answer comments. I can understand your friend tracking her son. Complete strangers is iffy to say the least!

      LX

      Delete
  3. I one was addicted to tracking. Then I gave it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you take pills for you little problem?

      LX

      Delete
  4. Nothing wrong with tracking, why do they give you the information to do it , if they don't want it to be done?
    Solicitor, bring them on then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H was a superb guy, I must say cheery and full of fun.

      LX

      Delete
  5. I can't be bothered with tracking anything...it will come when it arrives ! A few months ago I had a message saying the item would be delivered on Monday..it wasn't. Then it would be on Thursday.....then.... we have delivered it....they hadn't. Luckily I recognised the photo of it on a doorstep 3 houses up the road!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you see tracking is a brill way to spend your time!?!

      LX

      Delete
  6. I do that! It's definitely addictive . . watching him drive through surrounding villages and the number of 'stops before you' gradually decreasing, then he pulls up outside and finally - a photo of the parcel in the front porch and a message to say. "It's been delivered!" Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally with you on this, it’s the others that obviously have a problem!?!

      LX

      Delete
    2. Incidentally, that slice of Bakewell Tart looks scrumptious! But as I have just had a chunk of Christmas Cake, I'd better not . . . .

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...