..

Wednesday 28 March 2018

Nonchalantly I stroll...

onto the beach, trying my utmost to appear innocent with ne’er a care in the world.  All the while hatching a wicked plan. To onlookers my aim is to look as if I am admiring and inspecting the wonderful varieties of pebbles and stones.  Looking for all the world like a first year geology student on a field trip! Carefully without a glimmer of guilt I select the size, the shape, the colour of the quarry I am after.  With sleight of hand one by one the chosen pebbles (rocks) slip oh so carefully down my left knicker leg.  As I carry on my ‘inspection’,  no one seems to notice my, not inconsiderable derrière is growing by the minute!
My usual garb of flowing clothes is a foil for my Fagin inspired activities.  My game isn’t to pick pockets, but to fill them with the  bounty of the beach.
This is the very particular size I am after and the receptacle I am planning on filling.

Simple really!  

I carefully cross the road all the while hoping my drawers don’t have a sudden attack of elastic fatigue.  Not a cloud of guilt shows on my face... hussy that I am.  When all is said and done my garden is just a mere extension of the beach... after all!?!

Derek Jarman eat your heart out.

2 comments:

  1. I love finding pretty stones on a beach. Lucky you to be so close. We could hardly be further from the sea here in Harpenden!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harpenden-on-Sea has a certain ring to it!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...