..

Thursday 29 November 2018

My little...

foibles.
Now, I don’t know about you 
but...
I find I am getting increasingly odd.
Finishing my hand sewn Christmas cards, which I ought to say making  has given me great joy and contentment.
In the past I have always used a sewing machine, which I now know doesn’t bring the same level of 
fulfilment.
Come on get to the point LL!
Every little scrap of fabric offcuts I can’t bring myself to throw away.  Even though for the life of me I can’t envisage using them any time soon.  Or come to that... ever!
Carefully I stow them away.

Life at the mo is living at the coalface of house selling.  Our purchasers are having a wobble about Brexit and how the world as we know it will come crashing down.  Me, after a hiccup 
healthwise, blood pressure off the
 scale have decided to meditate.  Twice a day, I get in the zone of acknowledging the worries and letting them go.  Which I ought to say seems to be working.  I am cheery and back to my almost old self.  My head is no longer full of  what ifs, similar to  a fart in a colander looking for a hole   to get out, type of thing.  Is it any wonder my head was on the launch pad on an unmanned mission to Uranus?
I am calm, chilled, enjoying sewing and being creative.

If the folk decide against our home, I will be sad, but let’s get things in perspective here, we are in the top 2% of people on the planet... life is good.
Oh, and I forgot to explain my other strange little idiosyncrasies.  They can wait for another day.


4 comments:

  1. I had to investigate "coalface". What a great word. Down to the nitty gritty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great word, trouble with me Joanne if I find a word/expression I like I do tend to over use it!

      LX

      Delete
  2. When I glanced at your post at first I thought you wrote increasingly old, then I saw you wrote "odd." Both words fit me, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both... let’s celebrate the fact.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...