..

Friday 7 June 2019

How shallow am I...


to give you an idea.  Today in the tipping rain, I set off.  Titfer plonked firmly on my head I must confess I looked the very model of a bag lady. Just short of a bottle of VP sherry in a brown paper bag I looked the bizz!  My aim was to recce the hairdressers of Ludlow.  My last one in Hythe was called Bohemia and it sort of suited my rather high flown idea of myself!?!  I had highlighted on a previous stroll which ones might fit my very exacting bill.  So on a miserable day I set off on a mission.  Looking for all the world like Insp. Clouseau I swept ‘unobtrusively’ past my first choice 26 times!  In I went: the place was empty, the two stylists, I use the term loosely were filling their faces with what looked like fish and chips.
In my best Lady Docker voice I enquired as to whether I was interrupting their luncheon?
The woman that dragged herself away from her lunch looked me up and down as I did her, neither of us liked what we saw!
 My enquiry as to a possible haircut was met with ‘Sorry, we are fully booked!’
I walked away thinking
‘Blimey, that was a close shave and all I wanted was a trim!’ 

My MO changed after that because for the life of me I couldn’t imagine how I would have got myself out of the door if she had said frigging Yes!

Onwards and upwards, it couldn’t really be anything other than up could it?

Eventually I found a salon that was busy, could this be an indication I wonder?  I’m quick like that!

The receptionist was helpful, I came away armed with an appointment for next week, and the distinct feeling of hope.










8 comments:

  1. You're hilarious... I'm glad I have Dreadlocks so I never again have to endure a Hairdresser in this Lifetime! Unless you have such terrific Hair they can't screw it up too bad, it's just too risky a venture and I'd have a Panic Attack if I had to sport a disastrous experience for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bohemian, love the name! Dreadlocks, now there’s a thing. Love the idea, however they always look to me like an ideal nesting spot for dormice. Must be hard to dissuade a passing stork landing atop and adding a little height with a few sticks? And another thing, in order to get rid of them I imagine you do have to have a drastic cut. Not to put too fine a point on it you are stuffed for months, then like me you have the tortuous task of finding a hairdresser...

      LX

      Delete
  2. You swept past the salon 26 times? 26? Did you count? Now it seems to me 26 might be over egging it somewhat....
    I do like to know I'm reading the truth and not some fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady P, if you look on my popular posts to your right, you will see 26 is a special number for me. So in answer to your enquiry, that bit was a stonking fib. I only ever write the truth, with my take on what has happened, which to some might appear farfetched. I do have a warped view of life and try and enjoy the odd things that happen, life is too blooming short not too.

      LX

      Delete
  3. No, no, no, the hairdresser of talent is the most important thing. Do not be afraid to throw one over and continue the search. It took me several years to find The One. Be sure she is young enough to outlive you. Or he.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take your very sage advice Joanne, hope you have taken mine by being easy on that knee?

      LX

      Delete
  4. I have a hairdresser who comes to the house and "does" us both. P has his cut and I have mine cut and she puts the colour on...I wash it off and blow dry after she has gone.When I lost my previous hairdresser I asked an acquaintance with nice hair who did her cut...and luckily it was a lady who visits her clients. I haven't been in a salon for many years...hate it! She ( the hairdresser) is Japanese and trained at Sassoon in London many years ago . She was sent specially from Japan to do so ! I had to change the dogs' groomer the last time they were done, and that was almost as worrying as changing my hairdresser. As it happens the new lady did a great job, and she is only 50 yards from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you , two for the price of one. I remember the best hairdresser I ever had was a very wacky woman in York. I can feel a blog coming on so best I stop...

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...