..

Tuesday 30 July 2019

Dog update.,.

the yearning is bubbling up in both of us.
Himself is the sensible one, who puts the brake on my Calamity Jane... ‘Well slapper my thigh, let’s get cracking!’
The voice of reason... now is not a good time what with the two lots of workmen trolling into the house, the Scottish trip etc., etc.
Yes, yes, I totally get it but it doesn’t harm me looking!  Well, actually it does!
Yer, yer, YER!
I have seen two, one a very nervous young collie, so husband is obviously right on this one.  The other is a more outgoing collie cross, who unfortunately has been spoken for and worse than that has a reserve waiting in the wings.  That to me is a mere bagatelle, as we are so obviously the right family for either dog.  Well I would say that wouldn’t I?  A famous quote from Mandy Rice Davies.
The nervous collie reminds me so much of Lettice and the joy she became over the years of work, love and encouragement.  She would definitely have to wait for our return from holiday, as she would need a calm home to come to.  I think she might not be chosen for all the qualities that appeal to us, so she could still be available on our return.  Trouble there is as her foster carer has told me the longer she stays with her the more she bonds and thinks she has found her forever home.
The other one, if I could by sheer weight of personality railroad the others out I would. Well I say that but don’t really mean it.  All I really, really want is for both dogs to
 find the right people for them, can I help 
it that being biased I think we are the right ones for them?
Best not to look LL, I hear you thinking, 
however...


6 comments:

  1. It's a dilemma. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is and being sensible doesn’t seem to fit me that well!?! Can’t for the life of me think why?

      LX

      Delete
  2. You will find the right dog when the time is right I am sure. Does it have to be a Collie? I am in the throes of finding a home for the little Yorkie who has lived with us for the last few years. Her " real Mum" passed away suddenly last Tuesday while we were on holiday. I would love to keep her, but P doesn't want to, and we don't really want the expense of 2 dogs. Good luck with the dog search......you wouldn't like a yappy yorkie would you? Actually there is a family here in Harpenden ...the wife wants her but the husband is apparently phoning me tonight with his questions !!! (They are on hols in Lake District so not been able to come and meet her) It was a friend who told them she was looking for a home so not some random person online. The plus side is I could still see Gemma, and have offered to look after her for their hols etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Frances, himself wants a proper dog! And I ought to say so do I. Hopefully you will find her a home where she can yap to her heart’s content.

      LX

      Delete
  3. I'd worry about getting a collie...a dog designed for a job if any one is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, highly intelligent as well. This will be my third collie. Many are surplus to requirements on farms so they fill the rescue centres together with the must-have latest fashion dogs no longer wanted.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...