..

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Ellen Terry would...

be proud.  I’ve tapped my inner diva, I didn’t have far to to plumb, as the diva runs through my veins so close to the surface looking for the slightest excuse to break out. To be called upon to to have a starring role in ‘Crapgate’ was obviously what all my life quite unwittingly I had been waiting for.  Alright I was only cast in a support role however always good to start at the bottom and work up, as it were!?!
Ellie has a hang up about going to the loo, she won’t do it on the lead, wee or poo and hates to be watched.  Now this is where my not underdeveloped acting skills are put to the test.  Luckily pottering about in the garden is the sort of gardening I excel at.  Not hard graft just poncing about looking busy without actually doing too much. She has been my shadow since she arrived, she worked out I was so engrossed in the bean harvest and decided now is the time!?! She did the deed and as soon as the shit hit the fan (not literally obv.) she was off like a rocket, keen to put as much distance between her and the evidence.
In my best Dame Ellen Terry commanding and encouraging tones I said...
‘Ellie, good girl, what a very good girl!’
Smartly stepping into the garden room to give her the high end treats.

If I’d had a tail I would have wagged it.



4 comments:

  1. I find it is a bitch thing as none of my male dogs have been like this.
    Just go back to basics and if you can catch her in the act quietly say a word (we used quickie) So my female knew that if I said go do a quickie she would.
    collies as you know are sensitive to noise so the calmer and quieter you talk to her the better.
    Im sure once she has settled in the rest will follow
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is Annie, she won’t even begin to think about it until you are completely out of view. She is SO worth the effort, so will give her all the time in the world to trust us.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Arent you glad you got her now and not in the depths of winter! I'm sure she'll come round. Strangely our dog, who we got as a puppy and had no 'baggage' so to speak, will only poo if his bum is pressed up against a wall/fence/tree. We have to ease him gently away when he's out on the lead or it would be squished all over the place! I've no idea why he thinks this is the way to do things and no matter how often we pull him forward a bit, he still does it every time! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly will achieve the Ellen Terry award.

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...