..

Tuesday 3 September 2019

I’ve got myself...

a job.  Not any old job, this will be me...


doing something worthwhile.

A good few weeks ago Ludlow Community hospital had a fund raising day.  I volunteered my services to the League of Friends.  The following day I got a call from the organiser
‘Would you like me to start on Monday?’
I stupidly inquired.
What I had completely not realised in the intervening years since last I worked as a volunteer in a hospice, things had changed.

I needed criminal investigation clearance, proof of identity, two character references a TB scar identification check, still waiting for that!  All before I was allowed to don pinny and drive a trolley complete with samovar.
Silly me!  

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Will I aid recovery that’s the million dollar question? (O)

      LX

      Delete
  2. Well, good luck with all the intervening rigamarole, and have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the TB scar check, then the old trolley will be ready to rock and roll...

      LX

      Delete
  3. Who knew there was such a thing as a TB scar check?! Mind blown. Good for you, have fun and don't spill the tea, you're likely to be sued these days if you spill stuff! I do hope you get an apron similar to the one in the photo :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ve guessed it is the mark on your arm, don’t know until we get here? Got the hairdo and the frock, just the pinafore to complete the look.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...