..

Thursday 26 April 2018

A school bell for...

a campanologist... not very original I know.

We don’t know him that well although he is doing a superb job of our house alterations.
What to get him for his 60th on Saturday.  Suddenly it occured to me to give him my father’s schoolbell which I hate to admit has stood neglected in my many and various gardens since his death in 1990.  I haven’t done anything to it to tart it up, part of the fun for him will be I am sure, to restore it to its former glory by sand blasting to clean and making a new handle.
He’ll appreciate my entrusting him with part of my family history, or at least I am pretty certain he will?  And I’ll be more than happy knowing it’s going to a worthy owner.


Dad, I know would be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...