..

Friday 27 July 2018

Skimpy cozzie to...

full-on head to toe burka swimming apparel.
She swims every day, in the depths of winter with snow on the ground to now.
Early morning on a deserted beach, I wander looking for large stones to put into my water feature.  That close to the sea and you want more water?  For the birds, not me.  My bowl made by a very dear potter friend Chris, seems so right in the garden with its shell edge.  It needs a large stone for the sparrows to feel safe to bathe.


Calm, coolish and quiet this is the best time to be abroad with just the lady swimmer, me and a detectorist.  Sitting on the huge granite sea defence stones I sat with a lap full of treasures.  A can of Stella and a choc ice wrapper by my side.  Not my breakfast, just litter I had picked up along the way.  With my eyes full of the perfect scene, I thought it is not half bad living here...

Wandering along the shore line I soon discovered the reason behind the change of swimming gear.  The warm weather has brought not so welcome visitors...
jelly fish.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I do like that bird bath bowl.
    I've booked in to a nine week pottery course next year - maybe something like that could be a project. I'm sure the birds wouldn't mind the many imperfections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a coil pot. I went to Chris’ pottery glasses with lots of high flown arty-farty ideas. It won’t surprise you to know I was blooming hopeless... made a lasting friend though.

    The water is green due to my recycling project.

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birdbath and poppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, what is a girl to do in a garden the size of a penny black?

      LX

      Delete
  4. Wandering on a deserted beach...

    How wonderful!!!!! How very wonderful, to be able, to do this...

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...