..

Thursday 20 December 2018

Those that know me...

are fully aware I don’t do dusting.  I am a top show girl, you know the sort, grey bra originally white, knickers where the elastic has lost the will to stretch, all topped of with designer clothes (that bit is a fib).
I am now at home for Christmas and I am happy.  Yesterday I was out all day delivering my food parcels.  Where this desire to feed folk comes from I have no idea?  My baking, preserves, jams and chutneys go nationwide.  Probably Freud would have field day on the reasons why?
Me, I just don’t care, it makes me  feel all warm and  fuzzy inside, so in my book a win-win.
I am now cosy indoors setting the scene for a quiet Christmas.
We will of course get out walking, but my determination this year is to keep it low-key.  No turkey, just an organic ham and a wild mushroom and cashew nut wellington.  For years I was a vegetarian so I have leanings that way, only giving up when I lived a self sufficient life in the 
Highlands of Scotland.  Many moons ago I hasten to add.



This was the object of my dusting, not only was the dust removed the leaves were carefully wiped over with tepid water.
I think I best go and have a lie-down I’ve come over all unnecessary!

7 comments:

  1. Once I had a copy of that enormous plant. I tended it for years, then gave it to my BFF. She coaxed a bloom from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds amazing, now I will watch its every move with anticipation. It has three new leaves ready to unfurl. I guess although I don’t enjoy living here the palm obviously does.

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Housework shmousework! My husband likes to tease that I "never" vacuum and he's right, it's a once-a-year ordeal if left to me. Then he brought home one of those dandy little Dysons, so easy to grab and run over a floor, quiet in comparison to the old Electrolux, nothing to drag around behind, no hose ... no more dustbunnies under the bed ... I'm feeling positively noble!

    Still haven't come around to the idea of Christmas baking this year, have arrived at a place of not-caring or feeling it's essential and it's a relief to let myself off that hook. I shall wait and see, instead, if inspiration strikes. If not, that's fine with me. Chances are I'll get to taste a few treats made by other women, those more industrious than I! -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, I have one of those nifty little cordless Dyson, which I must confess my husband drives far more than me. I love cooking that’s what I do, trouble is, I enjoy sampling my home baking, especially at Christmas, as other times of the year I feel I shouldn’t.

      LX

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your quiet Christmas and your dust free palm. Once a year in the summer I take my plants outside and skoosh them with the hose and that knocks off any dust. Other than that and an occasional watering, my plants are pretty good at looking after themselves. If they get too fussy they have to leave I'm afraid. Fortunately my neighbour is happy to receive my wayward specimens! Have a lovely Christmas and a very happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same, usually if there is a heavy summer downpour. Trouble now is the palm is getting soo blooming large. If you send me a bucket of sand marksgran I will sit underneath and sing you a desert song. Or maybe full of Christmas pud it might be a dessert song?

    LX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I'd need to go to the builders merchant to get some sand, I live too far from any beach - well 40 minutes - which is too far at this time of year! Feel free to sing anyway though, particularly the dessert song! Oh Christmas pud, oh christmas pud, how lovely are your sultanas! x

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...