..

Thursday 1 August 2019

It’s early...

4.30 am is just too blooming outrageously
sparrow-fart early.
My head is too busy with thinking thoughts.  I tried my usual meditation, I ran through the full shebang, usually I’m gone by ‘my left leg is very...’ zzz!  
So many things to think about, the main one furry with four legs.  The work due to start on Monday, the curtain rails that seem to be as rare as hens teeth.  Ludlow has been named by the husband as Ludslow, as they do seem to operate at snails pace, which should be a great habit to get into?  However we are still operating under the South East rules of engagement, which is... let’s get this done, yesterday is plenty time enough!  Jousting with the traffic as it shoots off abroad before Europe and the U.K. divi up the family silver.  Here wherever you go there is very little traffic and courtesy is the county’s co driver.  A total change of pace, just wish my head could follow suit!

It’s now getting on for 7.30 and I am tea’d up, cold and feel tired, oh and peckish ready for my toast.  Go back to bed or stay up and start the day proper?  Decisions, decisions...


7 comments:

  1. We like the market at Ludlow..books, artisan level crafts, and one garden stall selling old roses amongst others..we got our Comte de Chamborde there..heavenly scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our new garden is full of the most beautiful and fragrant roses. The market right on our doorstep is always a fun and buzzy place to visit. A good move all round... at last!

      LX

      Delete
  2. I hate those nights when you waken up (usually for a pee!) then go back to bed and boom, wide a wake! I find writing all the 'stuff' thats wandering about in my head is a good way to get it sorted out and get back to bed. I have to say, I like life in the slow lane. We live a fairly slow life here too and you very quickly get used to it - unless of course you're waiting for workers to come to do something, then in needs to happen asap!! Early night tonight? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is MG both of us STILL feel guilty about not doing anything, the work ethic is still alive and well in our ageing bods! It is a skill to let go and enjoy just ‘being’. I do like the idea of jotting thoughts and worries down, trogging back to bed, leaving them for the morning.

      We had a good day, finishing up in Hereford buying some interesting bits and bobs we never knew we wanted! Lunch at Bill’s where ‘the’ man himself was clearing the tables. We first found Bill’s in Lewes (no not THAT Lewis,?!) and now his chain of restaurants are popping up everywhere. At this rate we’ll see Richard Branson operating the drinks trolley?

      Didn’t go to bed early, went at the usual time in order to keep a little normality to my otherwise chaotic life!?!

      LX


      Delete
  3. I would love to know what your letter says. I am afraid I cant read it clearly. Would it be too much to ask that you type it. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not...
      The moving finger writes
      And having writ moves on
      Nor all thy piety or wit
      Can lure it back
      Too cancel half a line
      Nor all thy tears
      Wash out a single word of it

      Mummy. August 3rd 1958

      In my mother’s beautiful handwriting.

      Happy to oblige as it brings me closer to her. She died in 1971.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...