..

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Our bright young

collie Ellie who has gone from a quivering wreck at just anything and everything.  To now a bright exuberant bouncy ball of fluff!
And bossy to boot!
Yesterday I  foolishly taught  
her to put her ball on my chair.  After about three examples, now every time my bum hits the seat the ball is carefully placed for me to play.
My constant refrain is... 
‘All you can think about is pleasure!’  
After such a horrible start to life who can blame her?
The problem can be laid fairly and squarely at my door as I do tend to play with her more than I ever did my son, I hate to admit!


Ellie this morning trying to work out how to get her ball out.  In the early days if a ball went anywhere slightly out of her comfort zone she would back off scared of the consequences I guess?  

Today I watched her try to work out how to retrieve the ball, thinking all the while as she had picked up the ball on the chair trick so quickly this would be a doddle?  She gave up and looked to me to help her out.


The trick for me now is to teach her how to put the ball on the husband’s chair and give me a break.  I do seem to be ‘the one’ in Ellie’s world, which is fine until she wants to sit on my lap and I ought to say she’s no lightweight!  To add insult to injury she nudges my hand if I am reading or looking at my ‘flat thing’ (iPad).  Even tapping this out she is front paws on the side of my armchair, nudging my arm then laying her head very appealingly on my matronly bosom.
 You honestly can’t put a fag paper between us as to who is the biggest tart!?!

6 comments:

  1. What a beguiling child! Sweet loss, the ball and the stool. But maybe you should teach her the ball trick in another chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just in from the garden, cutting back, walking along the top of the wall, like you do! Sitting down, the first thing, Ellie is here with her ball to play, which I ought to say I have been doing spasmodically outside. She has decided that I need to continue the play indoors and has been proactive in my continuing the game. After telling her a couple of times... no, she has accepted it and is now sat under my chair. She is such a sweet dog, it is hard to not dance to her tune!

      LX

      Delete
  2. It is so satisfying to hear how she's settled and spoiled rotten now! You need to teach all sorts of 'tricks' now to keep her busy! Start with how to make a pot of tea!! lol. Our dog only does roll over! He and I compete for who's the laziest in the house!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Settled!?! Paws firmly under table MG. Being a typical collie she is full-on, some might say... like her ‘mum’, me I couldn’t possibly comment?

      LX

      Delete
  3. Our BC, now 10, was 8.5 months old when we adopted her, she had lived in a home with young children and I was concerned that life with us 2 ageing fogies might be a little dull for her, at that stage we had given her just a few toys and proceeded to teach her to fetch named ones, she eventually had quite a big repertoire, but nowadays will just bring the one that she wants to! De-lurking to say that she is now such a brave girl I might bump into you both around the town at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look out for you Alison, although there are a lot of us old fogies with dogs around town, might be a while until our paths cross.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...