..

Friday 10 January 2020

There’s no other...

word for it...
it’s war!
And to think I have taught him everything I know, added to which I’ve been alright not I grant you, a conventional mum, but a mother all the same.  This is how he has repaid me...


His loaf photo sent just this afternoon.
Mine is in the oven as I sit seething and waiting.

When the family came prior to Christmas I enquired as to whether they had ever tried making sourdough bread?  Their scathing reply was we have had a go and it wasn’t worth the effort!  Foolishly I gave, yes gave him some starter and a fulsome account of what to do.

This is my effort, just out of the oven tonight.  Not a patch on the boy’s I hate to admit!


  


What is a woman to do, I ask you?


14 comments:

  1. Bask in the glow of satisfaction of the success of your teaching and good starter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get yourself invited to his home and spike his starter!
    (The traitorous wretch!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A brilliant idea, talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

      LX

      Delete
  3. His is not well lighted. I do prefer one candlelight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us girls of a certain age find candlelight so flattering...

      LX

      Delete
  4. A woman is to go to the same baker, buy a similar loaf, and also claim to have made it at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You casting nasturtiums Cro? I’ll have you know my good man I have impeccable references on the cooking front!?!

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both look very eatable to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very tasty, well mine was anyway. I can’t speak for the other one as it is in York.

      LX

      Delete
  7. PS. Eldest son spent ages trying to sort out the " safari" not commenting problem. Youngest has just told me how to import all my " bookmarks " in one go to Chrome, so I shall use that in future.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for them and welcome back. I did appreciate your emails... where there’s a will there’s a way!

      LX

      Delete
  8. You taught him well, what else can be said! Not to mention the harder you try to beat him now, the worse yours will turn out, its sods law don't you know?! Do what every other proud mum does and tell everyone who will listen 'I taught him everything he knows!' lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ‘CRUMBS... Mother & Son’ the well known and respected society of crashingly boring sourdough unbelievable bakers. It goes with saying... I AM THE CEO! Greggs eat your heart out!

    LX

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...