..

Sunday 9 August 2020

You’ve heard of...

the Beverley Sisters,
the Andrews Sisters,
the Pointer Sisters, I’m sure!
But have you ever heard of the
Verruca Sisters?
No?  I can’t say it surprises me neither had I until last night.
I turned my foot over to investigate and there they were.
At least I think that’s what they are, I haven’t had the misfortune to have made their acquaintance before so how am I to know?
If you think about it, in lockdown surely it is pretty nigh impossible to get verrucas.  I wear the same shoes, sandals and slippers, don’t go anywhere much and hardly paddle around anywhere without shoes on.
The big question is where have they come from?
Last night I sat up in bed playing  youtube clips on weird and wacky ways to banish them.  Is it any wonder I didn’t sleep that well?
My best guess is this hot weather holds the key, they have under cover of darkness flown in through the wide open window and landed on my left foot stuck out of the duvet.  Does that sound feasible?
Probably not!
Today’s exciting job is a touch of the self administration of strange Glasto-type herbals and other mystical capers.
Circle dancing around a toad
type of thing, chanting, spells and potions to be made and applied.  Now where did I put my White Witches Recipe Book and guide to all things helpful and healing?


Any ideas and helpful suggestions on a postcard please.

STOP PRESS...

On closer inspection Dr. Hubs thinks they might be a...
cornucopia of corns!

All this ruddy rambling!
I knew it was no good for your health...


10 comments:

  1. A pain, whatever they turn out to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wide feet... who’d have them? Just giving myself a pedicure, first coat of gold toes for the summer. Due to Covid a delay in proceedings, well that’s my excuse...

      LX

      Delete
  2. Whatever the outcome, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, these feet have stood me in good stead all these years, I haven’t crammed them into too narrow shoes and as a consequence the toes are straight not misshapen. Not things of beauty but capable tootsies that get me around without too much bother... well until now!

      LX

      Delete
  3. I was going to suggest it might be corns! I'd never had one in my life till the end of last year and I was sure it must be a verruca, it was really painful. I kept meaning to paint the verruca stuff onto it but I couldn't get round to it then just before lockdown happened I finally made an appointment to see the podiatrist along the road from me and she said, its a corn not a verruca. What causes a corn I asked, something irritating it she said. So that would be the hubby then! lol. Then I realised my comfiest slippers in the world were only that comfy because they were done, they had a bit worn down which coincided with where the corn was so in the bin they went! :( Moral of the story, don't wear shoes or slippers that rub bits of your feet! Get to the podiatrist, she'll see them off with a freezy spray and a bit of poking about and you'll be fine again! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So CS Lewis was talking about you MG? What common sense suggestions, I didn’t know you had it in you lassie? I will do as you say and get an appointment pronto!

      LX

      Delete
  4. I agree with Marksgran. Some years ago I thought I had a verruca, but podiatrist said it was a corn.
    When I was around 12/13 I had a lot of veruccas on both feet. I had a general anaesthetic and they scooped them out with a potato peeler...well, that's what it felt like afterwards!! Great fat bandages too! The only upside was that I got out of school swimming. I hated that as it was a long walk from school into the city ( Leicester) ..and back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a good idea to put problems ‘out there’ different folks experiences to draw on. Thank you Frances. The real verruca escapade sounded horrible.

      LX

      Delete
  5. Corns normally appear on sides of little toe, or top, where shoes rub. Could be a callous on bottom of foot. You can buy good callous pads over the counter, leave on for about five days, should remove little hard things. A pumice stone is a must and good too for smoothing down bottom of feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel I will give my left foot a good old going over. The funny thing is the right one is clear and smooth as a babies bum. I think it must be something to do with my gait as I age?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...