..

Monday 26 March 2018

Have you ever...

thought what it would be like to view the world through another’s eyes?  I have, I looked at a photograph of Marina Abramovic in yesterday’s paper and thought if only I could understand and see her view on the world.  That led me on to thinking about artists and how they look at things.  Have you ever seen an every day object as if for the very first time?  You look, you blink and try to clear your eye, as there before you is a mundane object, the like of which you have seen for what seems like forever.
And suddenly you look, you look again and although you recognise it and know it so well you see it as if for the very first time.

High definition. Perspective, light and shade that is my guess as to what artists see, us mere mortals just look.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...