..

Sunday 28 July 2019

You know how it...

is when you step out of the shower and wander around the house with just a towel wrapped around you?
Picture the scene if you can, I was living alone after Simon had died with just my faithful companion the dog.  In the kitchen I felt the towel begin to slip, to this day I have no idea why instead of turning to the window looking out onto the back garden I turned to the front opening the towel wide in order to get the maximum amount to go round my ample curves.  Only to look into the face of my bachelor neighbour two doors up called Donald. His middle finger was held in the air much the same as you would if you were giving someone a rude gesture from which hung a freshly caught trout!
His mouth opened and closed as if he was a fish in an aquarium, much the same as mine must have done!
I’ll leave you to guess who was the most embarrassed?
Incidentally he was a very talented if eccentric man who practised his casting on the common opposite our cottages.  An artist who composed the most wonderful and amusing sketches and ditties which he performed at local folk singing events.

I often wondered if my double d’s we’re ever immortalised in song and sketch?

# The two that got away! #


Funny the things that come into your mind?

8 comments:

  1. That is funny.Have you ever repeated it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, once bitten twice shy! The timing was incredible! You couldn’t make those sort of things up. The sad thing is I have completely forgotten what happened next! Shock I suppose?

      LX

      Delete
  2. What can I say? You do make me laugh out loud though! Brilliant timing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best not MG! Over the years have I got into some scrapes. Usually of the opening my mouth and putting my foot in it variety. Husband who could work for the diplomatic corps often says to me after my straight-to-the-jugular utterances says ‘Do you think you should have taken a diplomacy tablet before saying that LL?’ Blooming cheek! Meanwhile my victim lies silently bleeding on the floor.

      LX

      Delete
  3. You made me laugh out loud at that ! Only you. What did you say next time you saw him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s he sad thing I can’t remember? Poor old Donald wandered away thinking I’ve heard of men in raincoats, never thought I’d encounter a woman flasher. Just hope he didn’t think I did it deliberately! Mind you when he was poorly I did take him a meal round and saw him in his nightshirt and nightcap with tassel. I kid you not! That’s given me a good idea re. my next blog...

    LX

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...