..

Friday 30 August 2019

Man, dog and..,

me sat looking for all the world like three crows in a row overlooking the river Teme. Beside the Dinham Bridge we watched normal folk at play.  A boy with two Staffie’s having a whale of a time racing in and out of the shallows chasing unseen whatever’s, just for the sheer joy of being alive.  Ellie sat to attention on hind quarters watching how the other brave half live.

‘There you are, you will one day be like that!’ I said.

Every day in every way we are making progress. 
Occasionally to allay her fears I fed her a homemade carrot, cinnamon and peanut butter dog biscuit!  Organic 100% wholemeal flour naturally. Ludlow, a well known foodie town, so when in Rome... it’s only right and proper Ellie gets the full weight of my cordon bleu expertise, after all?
I noticed even the ducks turned their beaks up at a family who presented them with white bread ‘fresh’ out of a plastic wrapper.  Quacking and complaining they swam off in high dudgeon... ‘You might be able to get away with that sort of carry on in the lower reaches of the Thames, sadly not here in the undulating Shropshire countryside!’  


The Green Cafe, our local wonderful coffee stop by the river, we three were perched exactly where the couple are sat in the middle of the picture.
How lucky are we?

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to sit and watch the world and his brother at play. Unfortunately its been a miserable day here, with wind and lots of rain. My plums are ripening on the tree and I can't get out to pick them. I'm glad to hear things are on the up with Ellie. Are you on Facebook? I only ask as there is a chap on there who is walking every inch of the British coastline for the charity SSAFA and he rescued a dog last year that had never played or been loved. You should see the difference in that dog now. Chris Walks the UK has taught him to play, loves her to bits and both have been taken into peoples hearts. It's brilliant to see how they have both come on. Its lovely to see a dog grow and flourish and it will come for you too! You are indeed very lucky to live in such a beautiful spot. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, MG the most techie ‘cutting edge’ thing I do is this. If only folk would think about rescue dogs it would go a good way to make puppy farms defunct! I will google this guy, what a heart warming story.

      Yes, everyday we have to pinch ourselves to think we have actually got here, we are happy at last!

      LX

      Delete
  2. I am pleased to hear about the discerning ducks.
    My brother in law asked me to pick him up a loaf of bread while I was out. What kind? I asked. Oh, you know. Fresh white bread. That's all he ate. The white goo in the plastic bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me of a story about my time on local radio. I was having a go about white bread in packets that you could roll a slice between thumb and finger and flick on the wall and it would stick! As I looked through the glass of the studio the producer was beckoning me. Thinking he was going to say ‘Well done!’ As I emerged, he tore into me about what I had said and how the radio station could be taken to court, not me interestingly enough? He was hopping mad with me. My outspoken thoughts have all my life, got me into trouble.

      LX

      Delete
  3. I love the unfolding tale of Ellie and think to myself 'Lettice has got a lot to learn from rescuing rescue dogs;) But we love them, even as we contemplate murder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfolding tale it certainly is. She is SO worth all the effort and today saw us venturing up to the edge of the market, just outside the castle. Alright it was 5.30-ish and fairly quiet... but still... Some calm and some panic, but we did it! More updates as we go.

      LX

      Delete
  4. You ARE lucky! Ludlow is my favourite town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours too! And to think neither of us had ever been before we came to view our cottage. Funny old world!

      LX

      Delete
  5. What a lovely spot.You are so lucky to live in Ludlow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day we still marvel that we made it. How could you not love it? Always so much going on and in such lovely surroundings.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...