..

Thursday 29 August 2019

The straw that broke...

the camel’s back.

The bathroom, not Ellie this time!

The bathroom when we moved in was in a sorry state, tiny with just a shower.
The lady we bought the cottage from, said they did have a bath but took it out as they got too old.  So we knew that the very limited space would accommodate a tub.
Off we went to a swish showroom to see what our limited space could accommodate.  The plans were drawn up and we were very impressed with the guy who came out to measure up.  His suggestions were acceptable to us both although I did question the size of the shower screen across the way into the cubbyhole that housed the bath.  No worries he said, offering all sorts by way of   ‘I won’t charge you for this!’ type of thing!

When the estimate arrived I looked and there all the things that were promised wouldn’t be charged for, were priced up!  Pay back time was swift, into the showroom I swept,  Boudicca would have been proud.   
‘Dan, time for me to get a real freebie!  What I would like is one of the back rests for the bath and this time for it NOT to be included in the price!’ my smiles more akin to a babies wind pain, he got the message that I had seen through his empty promises.
A catalogue of cock-ups then proceeded to bite us on the bum, not literally obv!
All through I kept calm, I have often said to husband if I saw a wave caused by a tsunami    coming at us I would say relax it’s only water!
The latest major leak from the shower all in my chilled book was a breeze... human error, no worries.  Content, well that is until this morning, when on opening the little cupboard under the washbasin I discovered the shelf tipped when anything was placed on it.  On closer inspection where four lugs should have been there were only three.  The more I looked the more I could feel the pressure start to rise inside my head.  Why?  Did they only get three, did they drop one and not be bothered to replace it?  Boy was I steaming?

‘Is our trouble we are too friendly and 
welcoming with homemade scones, cakes and 
biscuits?  Wall to wall tea, proper coffee 
 and a cash appreciation at the end of the 
job?’  I crabbily asked himself.  Boy was I 
cross!  After all the kerfuffle, I was sent into orbit by just a tiny thing.  The chap that forgot to solder one joint, I think was the guy who did the base unit.  He is coming tomorrow I will tell him exactly how I feel, he thought I was a pussy cat! 
Tomorrow he sadly will see and know my thoughts with KNOBS on about such a piffling 
thing!




...husband is often heard to say! 

UPDATE... Andy wasn’t brave enough to come himself!  This afternoon the electricians    came to replace the cloakroom 
 ‘water feature’ light fitting and at the same time they replaced the itinerant lug!  



8 comments:

  1. Why can't people just do a proper job..far easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find the proper workman, never let him go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble with that Joanne, my bed is getting full of proper tradesmen, as opposed to improper!

      LX

      Delete
  3. I am having many projects done at my house so I can empathize with you, good workmen are treasures when you find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That company are dead in the water as far as we are concerned. The workers thought we were wonderful, just didn’t transport into their level of care sadly!?!

      LX

      Delete
  4. Isn't it always the smallest things that send us over the edge! I'm glad it's fixed now although you might now have to find another outlet for your pent up fury! LOOK OUT ELLIE!! though I'm sure she is very safe from your ire, pity help the postman if he delivers a wet letter lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pent up fury is coming out in a pain in my neck, so much so, I took my BP, as the usual indicator of my stress goes off the scale It was123/65... pulse was high for me 72, my average is usually 60. Must watch I don’t fart in fury and fly out of the window..........

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...