..

Tuesday 27 August 2019

‘Put on your big...

girls pants!’
I have been told in no uncertain way.  Get real and not to pander to the princess that has without me realising it usurped my regal status.

The funny thing is, now I have been shown in a no holds barred sort of way just where I have been going wrong I feel strangely liberated.  She has been playing us like fish, ever so slowly bringing us to her heel and not the other way around!  Like mugs conscious of her past life we have indulged her at every turn, leaving her free to call the shots.  No more!

Not for the world would either of us hurt her, however now is the time for us to show her her position in the pecking order of this particular roost.  So from tonight on, we are both totally ignoring her and not her doing that to us.  It is so hard; however for all our sanity it needs to be done.  The bottom line is already she is much loved by us both and we want the best for her and for us, so if that is what it takes so be it.

As I already wear BIG girl’s pants, I’m at a loss as to where to go from here?


8 comments:

  1. All the best with the job...firm but fair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. All my life I have considered myself exactly that, however I must be going soft in my old age?

      LX

      Delete
  2. A big pair of Y fronts probably lol. I'm glad you're feeling more positive, I'm sure she'll sense your stress so if you can relax she'll maybe relax too. I'm sure she's already in love with you both too but too worried to show in case she moves again. I guess time will make all the difference (for all of you!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure you’re right, at the mo it feels like we are walking in treacle. I did feel happier after I got the hard word from the rescue centre telling me to toughen up. As I’ve always said it’s the blooming humans that need training. All my life I’ve made a speciality of being untrainable, looks like I’ve met my Waterloo and for her sake I must bite the bullet and do as I’m told! Can’t believe I’ve just tapped that out... how the mighty have fallen...

      LX

      Delete
  3. Onward and onward. Leave upward for the mountain climbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although crampons are needed around these parts, if only to hike up the steep hill into town.

      LX

      Delete
  4. The mighty falling at the feet of our Human Babies or our Fur Babies is quite humbling isn't it? The Man jokes that I'm The Enforcer tho' when it comes to herding Kids and Cats... for some reason they Obey and Fear me, so apparently I haven't totally lost my Touch yet... but they're working on me. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is, I think by being firm but fair you gain respect, alright initially grudging, however at least everyone know where they stand. And it all comes good in the end.

      We are beginning to see a chink of light with Ellie.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...